“you get what you pay for” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Magnuson Hotel Fossil Creek

Magnuson Hotel Fossil Creek
Ranked #78 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Lawton, Oklahoma
“you get what you pay for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel is pretty nice given its age. the front desk staff,Grace (the one with bright pink hair :))especially was wonderful, very helpful very upbeat and outgoing. made the stay well worth it. I don't know about all the negative reviews previously posted but the hotel is really very nice, rooms are clean and quite, breakfast was great for it not to offer any "hot breakfast" plenty of other choices. pool was nice. overall a great stay and we sure will stay again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Austin, Texas, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

At check in, the lady at the front desk waited several seconds to greet me, while it didn't seem like she was doing anything. When she did greet me, she kept looking down toward something on the computer, and it took her a good 30 seconds to actually make eye contact with me. However, this might just her, because my experience with another front desk staffer was very positive. Lisa was my professional, friendly, and responsive to my requests for a slightly delayed check out.

The pool and spas were a different story. The pool's bottom was lined with dirt, so I didn't come in. Went to the spas but the knob to control the jets was broken. The spa's water temp was not even warm, and I could not find the knob to adjust its temperature. It's Summer in Texas, and I was disappointed I couldn't use the pool to cool down.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Lebanon, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel put us on the top floor without informing us that the roof was scheduled to be replaced the next day. It wasn't until the following afternoon that a sign was placed at the front desk in reference to the inconvenience. While there is no good time to undergo a renovation like that, the right thing to do would have to let all guests know prior to checking in and giving them an option to take a room on another floor or the opportunity to go elsewhere without paying a late cancellation fee. We ended up leaving a day early after my husband fell ill and spent the entire day in the room with nail guns serenading him and his migraine. I'm still dealing with a credit issue; the hotel agreed to the credit but the third party website we booked through has failed to issue the credit. Shame on us for not booking directly. I emailed Best Western and got a generic email from the site manager. I could tell that all he did was copy and paste my name in the greeting and have not heard back from him after I let him know I was disappointed in his response.

I should have known that the cheap rate would equal cheap service. I'll never stay at a Best Western again on account of my experience at this location.

Room Tip: Keep away from the top floor- you never know when roofers might show up. Apparently the front desk d...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Tahoe CA USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

As far as Best Westerns go I was happy with my stay. My room was clean and the staff was very helpful. They have direct tv, fast wifi as well as a fridge and microwave in room. The rooms are what you would expect nothing fancy. There are a few restaurants and bars within walking distance as well. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel in good shape, clean and quiet. Deluxe breakfast featured waffles and not much else. Not a big deal anymore, as even the budget hotels have waffles. Restaurants nearby. Lots of stations to watch on TV. Pillows too hard.!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas, Usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Times are tough right now economy wise. Every dollar every penny spent is not to go to waste. I spent my hard earned money on a place I wanted to rest and relax. I thought I deserved it and I expected good quality, I wanted my money well spent. It did not go that way. I reserved a room online for a good price, since every money spent means a lot. The water never turned warm. The water pressure is an understatement there was NO WATER PRESSURE. I took a very cold very unpleasant shower. The room did not smel nice, I never felt clean. The walls were so thin I could here every footstep from the room
Above me, seriously kids running around all night?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

The Woodlands, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The room was nicely updated, the beds were very comfortable, and everything was very clean. Breakfast is so-so, but what do you expect for the price? This hotel is in a great location for travelers and is a good value. Perfect for travelers on a budget, and much nicer than your typical budget hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family