“Nothing to complain about”

Magnuson Hotel Fossil Creek
Ranked #82 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Lake Tahoe CA USA
“Nothing to complain about”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

As far as Best Westerns go I was happy with my stay. My room was clean and the staff was very helpful. They have direct tv, fast wifi as well as a fridge and microwave in room. The rooms are what you would expect nothing fancy. There are a few restaurants and bars within walking distance as well. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel in good shape, clean and quiet. Deluxe breakfast featured waffles and not much else. Not a big deal anymore, as even the budget hotels have waffles. Restaurants nearby. Lots of stations to watch on TV. Pillows too hard.!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas, Usa
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Times are tough right now economy wise. Every dollar every penny spent is not to go to waste. I spent my hard earned money on a place I wanted to rest and relax. I thought I deserved it and I expected good quality, I wanted my money well spent. It did not go that way. I reserved a room online for a good price, since every money spent means a lot. The water never turned warm. The water pressure is an understatement there was NO WATER PRESSURE. I took a very cold very unpleasant shower. The room did not smel nice, I never felt clean. The walls were so thin I could here every footstep from the room
Above me, seriously kids running around all night?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

The Woodlands, Texas, USA
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The room was nicely updated, the beds were very comfortable, and everything was very clean. Breakfast is so-so, but what do you expect for the price? This hotel is in a great location for travelers and is a good value. Perfect for travelers on a budget, and much nicer than your typical budget hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stay here once of twice a year, and I am not sure about all the negative reviews that I see posted for this place. It is not an upscale hotel, it is a basic hotel that is good for a one or two night stay without breaking the bank. The rooms are clean and comfortable, but are not luxurious by any standards. The breakfasts could stand a little improvement, but even though it is not great, it is better than some. My only real complaint about this place is that I wish they would make it a non smoking hotel instead of what they have now. The non smoking rooms are OK, but you can always smell smoke when you come and go in the halls and entry ways. This is one reason that we may look for another place to stay on our next trip out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at teh Best Western Fossil Creek for the Nascar races last weekend and it was the worst Best Western we have ever stayed at. We didn't have hot water (morning or night), none of the machines in the fitness center worked, the hot tub didn't work, they didn't have hot water for tea or oatmeal at breakfast, the juice machine didn't work, a person was hiding in the dark in the fitness center scaring people when they entered (told the manager and he didn't care!), and when we went to check out we tried to pay with Best Western gift cards and the girl working didn't know how to process gift cards so she didn't want to accept them!

Room Tip: Don't stay there at all. Better hotels 5 minutes down the road.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Southport, North Carolina
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western Fossil Creek for the races last weekend. We had stayed there once before a couple of years ago and thought it was fine. So we booked again this time and it was awful. Don't know if they have changed hands since our earlier stay or not, but we will never stay there again. The shower/tub is awful, (non-stick surface was peeling at the edge and mold was visible beneath it), the mattress and pillows are on the decline, the coffeemaker in the room was busted, the toilet paper and facial tissue was the most horrid, cheap "newspaperish" product I've ever encountered anywhere, elevator is noticeably slow and the breakfast isn't nearly as good as before. In fact, there were 3 coffee pots on the rack around 8:00 a.m., and every one of them was empty. Breakfast bread, boiled eggs, creamer, milk, etc., had not been replenished. I had to go ask the MANAGER to make some coffee because we could hear the other 2-3 staff members partying it up down the hall. When we politely voiced our dissatisfaction to the manager upon check-out, he merely grinned, shrugged and said "the customer is always right"..... no "I'm sorry", no NOTHING, just smirking and shoulder shrugs. Something's going waaaaay wrong with that place and we will never return. And they obviously don't give a hoot.

Room Tip: This is the worst Best Western BY FAR that we have ever stayed in. Don't bother. Just try to f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple