“Not Bad....”

Reviewed January 31, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LORI B

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were in Fort Worth a couple of weeks ago and chose this motel on Altamesa and I 35 to spend the night. My significant other's sister was very ill. Our visit to this facility was a great respite in a time of stress. The next visit, in January was to attend her visitation and funeral.

I had initially booked online at the other Super 8 on Alsbury and I 35. When we arrived in Fort Worth, we realized the error. We went to our prior location and were assisted immediately in remediating my error in choosing the other motel. I am certain it would have been equally as nice but this one was great and we wanted to repeat our prior satisfaction and convenience of location nearer to the funeral home. Our stay was again, outstanding due to the professionalism of staff, cleanliness and excellent mangement!

Best regards, John and Sue

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SUE T
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We found ourselves in Fort Worth with it raining and decided to stop for the night. This motel has a sign in the entryway that says it is new. I wasn't convinced that it wasn't an older hotel that had been remodeled. I asked for a room on the first floor (there is no elevator), away from traffic noise, and where I would get good wifi. Everything was sparkling, brand new. Room very comfortable, but wifi was weak. I ended up hooking up to the free Bestwestern which had a stronger signal! The young clerk needed some help with his English but he was very nice and courteous. We wanted recommendations on where to eat. His first was a steak house. Then after we chatted, he said that the Bombay Grill was a favorite for him. We went there and it was great!! Definitely would stay again. The breakfast was the usual, but they did have yogurt and boiled eggs. We booked the room online and got the room for $60 which included taxes.

Room Tip: Ask for room on first floor, there is no elevator. Be sure to tell the desk clerk that you want a ro...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Texas1964
Reviewed December 31, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Exhausted, and heading south, I decided on a whim to stay here for the night. At $55 and right off I-35, the price wasn't bad. This hotel is older, and you feel that inside. However the rooms are all in-facing. They are also VERY large. The bed felt newer, and was comfortable. The continental breakfast was typical, cereal, toast, pastries. The staff was very friendly. Also, it's across the street from the Miller Brewery, so the smell of beer brewing fills the air. The name is somewhat misleading, though. This hotel is not really near downtown Fort Worth, but rather several miles south on I-35.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank TrueTexasTraveler
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My trip was almost a last-minute decision from a holiday standpoint. Your motel was recommended by my family in Ft.Worth. One couple had used your facility for their wedding reception. I was pleased that my room and its amenities were quite satisfactory. Being able to use the conference room for our family get-together was time and travel saving and convenient. The room suited our purposes well. Staff set up the tables and chairs, and took them down. Staff was very helpful, asking if they could do more. I would definitely use your accommodations again when I visit Ft. Worth.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FRIEDA W
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have stayed here before during the fall NASCAR events, in years past. We returned again this fall. It is a good place to stay for the races and going to the stockyards. There is a Cracker Barrel 200 yards away. The rooms are clean, micro., frig. & iron. The price goes up for that weekend, so it doesn't matter when you book..! . The showers are good too, lacking water some pressure.. The ac in our room was kinda cold , but over all good!- it was November-
The bed ,-firm-
The breakfast they offer now isn't much,, it use to be nice .
The over all review is OK to Good