“Going out of business soon!”
Review of Le Cep Restaurant - CLOSED

Le Cep Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2017

Very high end dining in a strip center, that was not able to stay alive but for a few years. Poor Fort Worth thrives on chain high end steak houses and locally owned cheap Mexican. You'll have to go across the Trinity for locally owned chef driven dining. That's 'cause Tim Love has become his own chain. Or go within the first couple years.

2  Thank Chuck N

Reviewed September 3, 2017

Everything served is excellent. The only problem is that for the price ($$) it is a VERY fixed menu. No substitutions, so if you cannot eat something, they will substitute cheese and cheese only (hopefully you are not lactose intolerant). Plus they charge an extra $10 for that. They need to be more flrxible. Having said that, the food is extrodinairy.

1  Thank Robinkh
Reviewed August 30, 2017

Excellent in every way, ambiance, service, and food. However we would have enjoyed our dining experience more if we had chosen a different option......

On the advice of a friend, we went for the 8 course menu with wine parings. A big mistake for us because neither of us has a sweet tooth and the last two menu items were desserts. Could barely touch them and the accompanying dessert wines were, for us, undrinkable.

Also 8 courses is a lot for us and $500 was a bit of change for ending up high-centered and uncomfortable the rest of the night.

I can't wait to go again, the dining experience was fantastic. But we will go for the 4 courses and our own wine selection. That way, for just a little extra, we can go twice in the 6 week menu rotation period and sample everything (just not all in one night)!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed August 20, 2017

There is a significant difference between eating at a fine dining restaurant and having an experience at one. At Le Cep you do not come for a meal, but rather you come for an experience. It is hard enough to get it correct on the big items such as food, wine, atmosphere. However, what sets the truest of experts apart is getting it right on even the smallest of details that most people would not notice. This comes from everything to include the moment you walk in the door to how clean the restroom is. Heck, even the aroma of the hand soap in the restroom added to the experience and the softness of the rolled hand towels. The fitting mirror to allow you to straighten yourself up before returning to the table.

Once returning to the table every time the napkin has been folded each time in the same consistency and accuracy that would make a Marine Corps Drill Instructor proud of the attention to detail. At the table it is amazing to watch the staff not just move around waiting on customers, but instead it reminded me of watching synchronized swimming as they all worked together with the precision of a special operations fighting unit. It was absolutely surgical. There is a balance of being overwhelming with attention to your table and wondering if the staff has a pulse as many restaurants work to get it right. You will not have this issue at Le Cep.

The experience is more like getting an education on what you are eating and I felt like I had just watched and listened to PhD’s help us learn about each magical taste that would occur upon each bite. To start there is a bread roll that comes out and who knew it would literally taste like cotton candy. The Champaign collection was incredible. While this is not a strength of mine, they educated me on what we should go with. We were not disappointed.

The 8 course meal with wine pairing was incredible. This is not for the cheap or light in the pocket book, but worth every penny. Let me express that each course outshined the previous. The Gazpacho is strained 6 times to get perfection. The scallop almost made my wife pass out and she doesn’t like scallops. She could not believe how tender it was. Then the salmon just took it to the next level while the duck just rang my own bell. This is to describe a few of the courses as I wouldn’t want to spoil the fun for you. Who wants to read the last chapter in the book to see how it ends while not reading the whole book so I will let you do the same. Make your reservation and you will not be disappointed.

If I had to sum this up I would say a year ago I dropped $2,000 at Le Cirque in Las Vegas for 4 of us and wine pairings. Tonight I merely spent $400 (before the tip) for not the same experience, but even better experience at Le Cep. Thank you Sandra Avila for providing Fort Worth with this unique opportunity. And for the tip I went 30% because the service and experience was that good. Not bad for a first time visit where clearly we will visit soon again.

2  Thank JeremyS162
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful dining with impeccable service is the hallmark of this beautiful restaurant. Champagne list is extensive and the food preparations and presentation is impeccable. A full evening of wonderful French epicurean delights awaits you. Great for a very special occasion.

Date of visit: April 2017