“Trust the experience and it will be like you visited a fairy tale at Le Cep”
Review of Le Cep Restaurant - CLOSED

Le Cep Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2017

There is a significant difference between eating at a fine dining restaurant and having an experience at one. At Le Cep you do not come for a meal, but rather you come for an experience. It is hard enough to get it correct on the big items such as food, wine, atmosphere. However, what sets the truest of experts apart is getting it right on even the smallest of details that most people would not notice. This comes from everything to include the moment you walk in the door to how clean the restroom is. Heck, even the aroma of the hand soap in the restroom added to the experience and the softness of the rolled hand towels. The fitting mirror to allow you to straighten yourself up before returning to the table.

Once returning to the table every time the napkin has been folded each time in the same consistency and accuracy that would make a Marine Corps Drill Instructor proud of the attention to detail. At the table it is amazing to watch the staff not just move around waiting on customers, but instead it reminded me of watching synchronized swimming as they all worked together with the precision of a special operations fighting unit. It was absolutely surgical. There is a balance of being overwhelming with attention to your table and wondering if the staff has a pulse as many restaurants work to get it right. You will not have this issue at Le Cep.

The experience is more like getting an education on what you are eating and I felt like I had just watched and listened to PhD’s help us learn about each magical taste that would occur upon each bite. To start there is a bread roll that comes out and who knew it would literally taste like cotton candy. The Champaign collection was incredible. While this is not a strength of mine, they educated me on what we should go with. We were not disappointed.

The 8 course meal with wine pairing was incredible. This is not for the cheap or light in the pocket book, but worth every penny. Let me express that each course outshined the previous. The Gazpacho is strained 6 times to get perfection. The scallop almost made my wife pass out and she doesn’t like scallops. She could not believe how tender it was. Then the salmon just took it to the next level while the duck just rang my own bell. This is to describe a few of the courses as I wouldn’t want to spoil the fun for you. Who wants to read the last chapter in the book to see how it ends while not reading the whole book so I will let you do the same. Make your reservation and you will not be disappointed.

If I had to sum this up I would say a year ago I dropped $2,000 at Le Cirque in Las Vegas for 4 of us and wine pairings. Tonight I merely spent $400 (before the tip) for not the same experience, but even better experience at Le Cep. Thank you Sandra Avila for providing Fort Worth with this unique opportunity. And for the tip I went 30% because the service and experience was that good. Not bad for a first time visit where clearly we will visit soon again.

2  Thank Jeremy S

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful dining with impeccable service is the hallmark of this beautiful restaurant. Champagne list is extensive and the food preparations and presentation is impeccable. A full evening of wonderful French epicurean delights awaits you. Great for a very special occasion.

2  Thank JimmyRos
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

As always, 8 course menu of amazing food served with true flair. They make you feel like you have a private server. The duck is always my favorite

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

Raise your hand if you like amazing food. Raise your hand for food service. Raise your your hand for great wine. Than get on down to le cep and have a 5 star experience.

2  Thank bachaus1
Reviewed June 6, 2017

We went to Le Cep for our 38th anniversary dinner. We had been once before and have wanted to go back based on our first experience there and we were not disappointed. Chef Sandra continues to present a creative menu that just gets better and better with each course. Le Cep is truly a gem of Fort Worth dining. If you want a true fine dining experience that will allow you to experience the exceptional skills of Chef Sandra and her outstanding staff, then this is a must do restaurant. Dining at Le Cep is an immersive experience. You don't go her just to grab dinner, you go for the experience and to indulge yourselves with eight courses that can be paired with a wine for each course if you choose. Each course is presented and described to you by the waiters and they are more than happy to answer any questions you have regarding the dish. The dinner is paced to allow you to fully enjoy and savor each course. Each time we dined there it was about two and a half hours and believe me it doesn't seem that long. Time flies when you are having fun and eating very, very well!

When you talk with Chef Sandra you can tell that she is a very warm and enjoyable person that loves to share her love of cooking with you and appreciates each and every diner that visits her restaurant. In my humble opinion this is the FINEST RESTAURANT IN FORT WORTH. Don't miss it.

3  Thank Michael L