“Absolutely divine”

Le Cep Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

This is one of my top dinners -ever!!! The staff and Chef work to ensure that everything is perfect! The wine pairings were exceptional and all of the 8 courses were absolutely delicious. Plan for a wonderful evening. Chef Sandra and staff are the best!

2  Thank CynCyn37

Reviewed May 31, 2017

Le Cep is the ultimate in fine dining. It is so refreshing to be able to dress for dinner and enjoy excellent service from a well trained and seasoned staff. We were given full attention with our every need anticipated and each request was honored. Each course was delectable and had an artistic presentation. The duck was my favorite, but then again, each course was my favorite. This was truly a special experience and we will return again and again. The chef is personable and delightful; we felt genuinely welcome here.

2  Thank texaslegend
Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

My best friend, who is VERY French chose the place for us to enjoy. She had been there 3 times before and fell in love with the place. She is an excellent French cook herself so this is quite a complement to Chef Sandra. From beginning to end the evening went well. I don't think I have ever experienced better wait staff. The start began with champagne tasting. I've never done that before. Lovely way to begin. We chose the 8 course menu, but did not do the wine pairing. Every course was unique beautiful and creative . She changes the menu every 6 weeks, so our friends and us have decided to return that often. I really can't wait to see what Chef Sandra comes up with. The ambiance was modern with comfortable seating. It's a dinner that is 3 hours. Enjoy!

2  Thank lovesbabies
Reviewed May 22, 2017

Chef Sandra makes impeccable food! The service at Le Cep is non-pretentious, by a friendly and knowledgable staff who do their jobs exceptionally well! I eat here at least once every 6 weeks and happened to be here during dinner service when JimCfmDenver was dining. I was seated at the table next to him. He made quite a scene and loudly proclaimed that he would go on social media to every available review site and write a bad review. I don't know the details or ins and outs of what went down that evening, other than there was only one 6 top reservation and when the real 6 top arrived for their table, Jim's crew was asked again for their name and validation of their reservation to try and resolve what had happened. I make my reservations on OpenTable. I've also never been asked for a credit card when making the reservation. When Jim was storming around the dining room, he was speaking very loudly and aggressively and he said that when they tried to make a reservation, they were told there were no openings but that later his wife said there was an opening. There was a lot of contradictory statements being made and none of it was making any sense. However, things he said in his review are not true. Chef Sandra did not run out of the kitchen and tell him or anyone in his party that she was going to fire the general manager. That alone makes me question whether anything else said about the incident is true or not. Regardless, Le Cep....Chef Sandra....and the entire staff represented themselves very well that night. I absolutely adore the food and their service and will continue to recommend them to everyone I know! This really is some of the best food in the entire state of Texas...posibly the U.S. I recently came back from a trip to Vegas and dined at Le Cirque at the Bellagio and Sandra's food topped theirs!

4  Thank ilovefrenchbulldogs
Reviewed May 17, 2017

My wife made a reservation at this restaurant to celebrate my Daughters college graduation several months in advance. She confirmed the reservation a week in advance. When she confirmed our reservation they asked for a $75 deposit per person, which she gave a credit card number. This person then called my wife back a few minutes later to ask if we were aware of the dress code. She said, " no problem we will be coming from a graduation ceremony".

We arrived at our reservation time and gave them our name not once, not twice, but three times. There was confusion and they were having difficulty finding the reservation. The person at the door then went to get the General Manager. The GM tried to make light of the situation, laughed and said" I bet I scared you, Ha Ha". Our party of 6 was seated and everything was going along fine. An hour or so into the dinner, the General Manager came to the table and said he had made an error in seating us and could not find our reservation and asked for my name for the forth time, I gave him my Drivers license, this time. He came back a final time and said that another party of 6 had arrived and that he could never find our reservation. He then asked us to leave so the other party could take our table. I have never been so humiliated and embarrassed in my life.
It was a very special evening and we choose the restaurant carefully and planned months in advance. We wanted to make this a memorable and perfect night for our Daughter who had just graduated from TCU. Instead, we were asked to leave the restaurant because the staff messed up our reservation. The Chef ran out of the kitchen to apologize to us and said words could not express her embarrassment for the situation and that she did not agree with what the General Manger had decided. She said that she was going to fire him as a result of the mess. Needless to say, we will always remember the night, but for the wrong reasons. It was a horrible and humiliating experience. Unforgivable in every way. Worst restaurant experience that I could even imagine.

1  Thank JimCfmDenver