Candlewood Suites DFW South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfree laundry facilitiesextended stayfront deskfull size refrigeratorstaying at this hotelthe shuttle driverairportdfwgympropertyamenitiesmicrowaveclerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This location is great for an extended stay because besides having kitchens there is so much to walk to from restaurants to the 7/11. The hotel itself looks brand new....they are always cleaning. The rooms are spotless and if you've ever stayed at a Candlewood you know they only have queen beds, but they are comfortable and having the suite gives you that extra room and apartment feel. The staff is incredible. Very helpful and kind.

On the downside, it didn't really bother us, but the planes fly over constantly, and pretty low, as they are landing. At night when it's dark you can see them circling around the hotel....we thought it was cool! Also, if you have ever read my reviews....I do smoke....but I don't smoke in my room, so I would go out front to sit on the benches they have....it seems every time I was out there a shuttle from the airport would show up and pull up right in front of me, the exhausted was overwhelming and you can't sit there. The shuttles come on the hour, as the hotel told me that they have a contract with the airlines so pilots and trainees stay at the hotel. Anyway, I got several headaches after sitting there. I always moved, but I need to quit smoking anyway.

Overall, this hotel is A + in my book. We have to make a trip back in March and will try and book our stay there again.

Room Tip: If you like the first floor stay away from the rooms near housekeeping, we had to move because the humming of the driers drove me nuts!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed for a period of 4 weeks at the hotel. Rooms and hotel property kept very clean. All the employees are very friendly and helpful. Just some of these employees were at the Font Desk-Priscilla, Griselda, and Daniel. Also, the two maintenance men, Jose and Cruz would always say hello or help me when I was bringing things in or out.
The owners of the Candlewood should be very proud of the team they have working for them and their customers.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was our first time staying at a Candlewood, and we were blown away by the interior and amenities. I love that they have a small convenience store inside the hotel that is open 24/7. We got lunch from there and it cost $10 for 2 people...not bad in my book! We requested an extra feather pillow and the staff had it ready for us immediately.

The only problem we had was with the taxi service they offered. It was a ripoff, the guy picked us up at the hotel and we paid $30 to get to the Dallas Cowboys stadium. He told us to call him when we were ready for a pick up. We did and he did not answer. We called the hotel to ask for help and they kept giving us numbers for people who would not answer. We finally hailed a cab, and it only cost us $19!! So much better deal than the cab company affiliated with the hotel.

Other than that we were completely satisfied. Our room was comfortable and clean and the kitchen was awesome. And again your staff was wonderful and there to help us and answer any questions we had :)

I would come back!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed here for one night. The front desk was extremely helpful in helping me navigate my way to their shuttle bus stop at DFW and when I got there she was just as pleasant and even assisted me in ordering a meal from the nearby restaurant. My room was comfortable , clean and had a very good rest. The hotel also has a small 24hr convenience / snack shop where I got some water and snacks. Overall it was very convenient and worth the money spent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Have been staying at this hotel for four months. Excellent customer service.
Front Desk employee -- Tiffiny Todd provided superb service