“Fort Worth's best”

Ranked #9 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Clifton
“Fort Worth's best”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I have stayed at just about every hotel in the FW area and my favorite is Embassy Suites. Comfortable rooms with plenty of space and a separate work area, excellent staff, and good breakfast make this hotel the best downtown. Emily and the front desk staff always make you feel welcome. Just tough to get into this hotel on the government rate.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Oklahoma City
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I want to say that the service at this hotel is, for the most part, superb! However, we ran into a HUGE security issue. We were originally booked in room 1413. Our room seemed kind of small, with an oddly placed window, but manageable for a family of 2 adults, a teenager and an 8 year old.

The Good:

The valet and bellmen are very friendly and great with kids, which helped make our first night in Ft. Worth fantastic! The front desk staff at this hotel are also very friendly and knowledgeable. The manager's reception is great. It's basically 2 hours of free snacks, beer, wine and a full liquor bar. Again, the staff running the manager's reception were great! The hotel's location to Sundance Square can't be beat. There are tons of fantastic dinning options that are all within walking distance.

We ended up spending the early part of day 2 in Dallas at the aquarium. (I highly recommend the Dallas Aquarium!!!) We planned to spend the other part of the day touring Sundance Square.

The Bad:

Unfortunately, in the late part of Saturday afternoon, we found out that the lock on the door to our room was malfunctioning. It turns out that our door hadn't actually locked since we had checked in on Friday afternoon. You could easily walk into our room without a key. Essentially, my family was sleeping in an unsecured room and didn't know it. It's something that we should have checked right when we got to our room..but we didn't. After a very long drive with our 15 year old teenage daughter and 8 year old son, all my wife and I wanted to do was hit the Manager's reception then have dinner. The last thing we were thinking about was whether or not our room was secure.

Once we realized that our door wouldn't lock properly, we notified the front desk. They sent up an engineer within 10 minutes. He informed us of the nature of the malfunction. You could unlock the door with our key card, however you needed to re-insert the card in order to lock the door. Otherwise the door would not automatically lock once it was closed. THIS IS A HUGE SECURITY ISSUE!!! Once we were inside the room, we couldn't lock it and we were unaware of it. We thought we were perfectly safe. The dead bolt didn't even work.

We decided that a visit to the front desk was in order. We notified Laura of the situation. Laura essentially saved our weekend with her empathy and professionalism. She was as horrified as we were at the lack of security. She promptly jumped into action. She comped our first night's stay and relocated us to room 1410. That was when I realized how small our original room was!! 1410 is the type of room i'm used to staying in at Embassy Suites! Our original room was cramped by comparison. I'm still wondering why I was initially booked in a smaller than average room (with a malfunctioning lock)??

Will I stay in Fort Worth again? Absolutely! Will I stay at the Embassy Suites? I'm not so sure. The staff is fantastic but the security seemed to be lacking.

Room Tip: room 1413 is small
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Inzinga
Rocky Mount, Missouri, United States
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have been staying at the downtown Fort Worth Embassy for almost a year (fly in an out every week). I like that the separate living room area gives me more space and makes it feel like I am not living in a bedroom. Chris always has my car brought around in the morning, Tori and Ryan pour my glass of wine when I walk into the manager's reception, the front desk team is always friendly and have prompt answers to any questions. There are a variety of snacks at the manager's reception and lots of choices for breakfast in the morning. When several of my business collegues were in an accident the hotel went out of their way to bring extra pillows, ice, gatoraide and other amenities to their rooms to help ease their recovery until they could fly home. Their concern truly made us feel like a member of their family. I have recommended the hotel to many of my business collegues.

Room Tip: I like the rooms that end in "10" there is a little more space in bedroom and the bathroom...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Barb W
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 2, 2012

There's not a whole lot to say about the hotel, as it is standard Embassy Suites fare (living area with bedroom, manager's reception, free breakfast, etc.). The location in the middle of Sundance Square is fantastic. We were on the 11th floor, and I was a little concerned about noise for two reasons: street noise, and at least one group (bachelorette party?) that was down the hall. However, the street noise died down, and I never heard a single slamming door during the night we were there. There is a little noise through the door, but I think the bedrooms are quieter than average because the door is in the living area rather than the bedroom. This is a nice hotel and location for exploring Sundance Square. A car is not needed after you arrive!

Room Tip: The higher the better in order to get away from the street noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler8899
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This was our 2nd year here for our Annual Sales Meeting, staff is always attentive and helpful! The food was amazing as well, we especially love the Managers Reception and Free cook to order breakfast. I would reccomend to anyone for business or other to stay here.

1 Thank Amy W
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The hotel was clean and the breakfast was delicious. However, I got tired of the clerks calling out my name every time I walked through the lobby. I get it - - you're kissing my butt to show how good the service is. Unfortunately, they did not walk the walk. After telling me my valet parking was complimentary, it showed up on the bill. So I had to call them, and they were nice enough to fix it, but it irritates me that they "forgot" about the comp and I had to call them out. One more thing: poor television channel choices, no AMC, so I missed the series premiere of Mad Men. This hotel was not worth the $200 plus a night.

Room Tip: Beware of rooms facing east. The glaring lights from the high-rise parking garage will keep you awak...
1 Thank Michael G
Tammy V, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We are sorry for any inconveniences you experienced while staying with us but please know that we are consistently striving everyday to exceed our guest expectations. I deeply apologize that we did not keep our word and follow through with the comp parking arrangements. I completely understand your frustrations and would really like to discuss this in further detail. Please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Tammy Vallejos
Assistant General Manager
Tijuana, Mexico
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This place is legit. Stayed here on a recent business trip and I was extremely impressed. Speedy cheap valet, quick check in, hot cookies at the reception desk.

Nice suites with excellent climate control and kitchenette.

Free happy hour with local beer on tap and margaritas. Great spread of appetizers included in the happy hour as well.

Free breakfast in the morning with an excellent variety and a decent coffee shop right in the lobby if you oversleep.

I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Something with a street view. The inner rooms look out into some sort of dingy maintenance atrium.
1 Thank barneypilot