“Great location”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Worth Downtown
Ranked #12 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed April 2, 2012

There's not a whole lot to say about the hotel, as it is standard Embassy Suites fare (living area with bedroom, manager's reception, free breakfast, etc.). The location in the middle of Sundance Square is fantastic. We were on the 11th floor, and I was a little concerned about noise for two reasons: street noise, and at least one group (bachelorette party?) that was down the hall. However, the street noise died down, and I never heard a single slamming door during the night we were there. There is a little noise through the door, but I think the bedrooms are quieter than average because the door is in the living area rather than the bedroom. This is a nice hotel and location for exploring Sundance Square. A car is not needed after you arrive!

Room Tip: The higher the better in order to get away from the street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler8899
Write a ReviewReviews (1,461)

Reviewed March 30, 2012

This was our 2nd year here for our Annual Sales Meeting, staff is always attentive and helpful! The food was amazing as well, we especially love the Managers Reception and Free cook to order breakfast. I would reccomend to anyone for business or other to stay here.

1  Thank Amy W
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The hotel was clean and the breakfast was delicious. However, I got tired of the clerks calling out my name every time I walked through the lobby. I get it - - you're kissing my butt to show how good the service is. Unfortunately, they did not walk the walk. After telling me my valet parking was complimentary, it showed up on the bill. So I had to call them, and they were nice enough to fix it, but it irritates me that they "forgot" about the comp and I had to call them out. One more thing: poor television channel choices, no AMC, so I missed the series premiere of Mad Men. This hotel was not worth the $200 plus a night.

Room Tip: Beware of rooms facing east. The glaring lights from the high-rise parking garage will keep you awak...
1  Thank Michael G
Tammy V, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We are sorry for any inconveniences you experienced while staying with us but please know that we are consistently striving everyday to exceed our guest expectations. I deeply apologize that we did not keep our word and follow through with the comp parking arrangements. I completely understand your frustrations and would really like to discuss this in further detail. Please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Tammy Vallejos
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed March 28, 2012

This place is legit. Stayed here on a recent business trip and I was extremely impressed. Speedy cheap valet, quick check in, hot cookies at the reception desk.

Nice suites with excellent climate control and kitchenette.

Free happy hour with local beer on tap and margaritas. Great spread of appetizers included in the happy hour as well.

Free breakfast in the morning with an excellent variety and a decent coffee shop right in the lobby if you oversleep.

I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Something with a street view. The inner rooms look out into some sort of dingy maintenance atrium.
1  Thank barneypilot
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Great service! The front desk and valets did a fantastic job and we had a great time at this hotel. Although there were many guests (a dance competition was in town and they held a wedding while we were there) we never felt overcrowded or ignored.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Joan C
Reviewed March 22, 2012

From the minute we walked in to the hotel we were met with great service and smiles all around! Everyone seemed to love their job and paid close attention to the needs of everyone staying there! We arrived in our room to a personal note and a snack basket from a front desk employee who had paid close attention to a pre arrival phone call that was a great touch! The beds were very comfortable, everything was very clean, the made to order breakfast had something for everyone and the managers reception was a treat too! The location was perfect...close to lots of restaurants, the train station etc, a quick cab ride from other Ft. Worth fun too! We will choose this hotel every chance we get!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jen7272
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My niece and her new husband booked the honeymoon suite for their wedding night, and when they arrived (on time no less and in their wedding clothing), they were told that their suite, which was all paid for, was given to another guest who was a Hilton Honors guest with points. They were given a NON-SUITE room instead.

I think this behavior was way out of line, and the only thing the hotel offered was the room as a complimentary resolution. NO WAY. They had made these reservations ahead of time, saved and paid for it in full, and were treated this way? I usually love Embassy, but think this location seriously needs to step WAY up and make this right.

Shame on you Embassy.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ddsandy
Tammy V, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

I am so terribly sorry that we did not have your niece’s room type available at check in. I completely understand your frustration and your disappointment after your family had confirmed the room type numerous times. We have been in contact with the bride and at this time, we have reimbursed both the bride’s room rate as well as the father’s for that evening in lieu of providing the room type that was requested. We take pride in providing excellent service to each and every one of our guests and I am very sorry for not being able to meet and exceed your family’s expectations. I would love to know how we can restore faith in the Embassy Suites brand, please feel free to contact me at any time and let me know. My email address is Tammy@embassysuitesfw.com.

Yours in Hospitality,