“Above and Beyond What We Expected”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Worth Downtown
Ranked #10 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Texas
“Above and Beyond What We Expected”
Reviewed November 1, 2007

This hotel is exactly why I love Embassy Suites. I have NEVER had a bad experience at any of these hotels. We chose this hotel for that very reason and the fact that it was with in walking distance of the Fort Worth Convention Center. We were going to the Maroon 5 Concert that evening and wanted somewhere close. There is a Starbucks in the lobby of the hotel and one across the street at the Barnes and Noble. The hotel staff was so nice and friendly and so was the valet. There was a thank you card in our room and within an hour of checking in they called to make sure the room was satisfactory. The room was perfect. Great flat screen HD tv's. Awesome whirlpool in the bath room and 2 person shower. This hotel is also located with in walking distance of Sunday Sqaure. All round a great location, great hotel, great experience!

• Liked — Location, Location, Location and the quality of the service and accomodations
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank petenandie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Mission, Texas
Reviewed October 22, 2007

I have stayed at Embassy Suites in other cities, but they came nowhere near this one. I was surprised at the decor. It was much more upscale than the others. I believe it was recently renovated or built. There was a Starbucks in the lobby as well as a bar. The Manager reception was Ok, if like free drinks- I am not a drinker. Breakfast was the best- fresh fruits and cook to order omelets. The service was friendly and accommodating. I would stay there again, but this time for pleasure. Very short walking distance to many restaurants and shopping.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — paying for parking
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed September 21, 2007

We stayed at the downtown Ft Worth Embassy suites...and loved it! We rented a total of 4 rooms as we were all in town for my mother's birthday. They were all super clean and the staff was so nice to put us close together. We attended happy hour both nights and the bartender was GREAT! The location of the property is great as well. We had never hung out in downtown but it is a fun place...you must go to Del Frisco's too...yummy! I would like to voice one small complaint of the embassy suites though...when we checked in my husband had not arrived yet and we are military and used the "military rate." I was unable to locate my ID and the clerk checking us in was horribly rude. She basically said I couldn't check in without my husband. I had many other forms of ID including my gym card with a photo-copy of my military ID. She became quite snippy about this and I was FURIOUS. We ended up asking for the manager who was wonderful and apologized for this girl's behavior. I think she was just a bad seed b/c everyone else was great. I can't wait to stay there again! LOVE IT!!

• Liked — Location...and the cleanliness!
  • Disliked — The check in clerk
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank HeatherBC
Granbury, TX
Reviewed September 18, 2007

Don't confuse the reviews written for the Clarion Hotel with those written for the Embassy Suites which open in April of 2007 in the same location. All the hotel reviews that I read did not separate the two but put the Clarion reviews with the Embassy Suites reviews.
Look at the dates>>>>anything before April of 2007 is not a review of
the Embassy Suites Hotel, but of the Clarion which was old and rundown. The Embassy remodeled the hotel completely, turning it into a class act. The room was well appointed and the bed was extremely comfortable. Stainless steel microwave, stainless minifridge, stainless coffee pot, granite countertops, and plasma TVs in the suites add to the quality accomodations. The hotel service was exceptional. The manager's reception and the buffet breakfast and made to order breakfast dishes were excellent. The great news is that Sundance Square with all of its restaurants and night spots start across the street from the hotel. No need to try to find parking in Sundance Square. That is a great advantage since parking is an issue. Embassy still treats their smokers with respect., providing an outside terrace for them during the reception. Enter on 5th Street to get valet parking. I will definitely stay there anytime I must be in Fort Worth again.

• Liked — All of it
  • Disliked — None of it
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank SallyGranbury_TX
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed September 4, 2007

Loved my stay at this place. The room was fabulous, the staff was friendly, the breakfast was tasty, the business center was handy, and the Starbucks was plentiful! Room was large, beautifully decorated, comfy and super-clean smelling. My colleagues who stayed at the Courtyard next door were jealous of my last-minute booking find! Only complaint, and it was more comical than annoying, was the too-cool-for-you lobby...the techno music was so loud I could barely hear the staffer during check-in, and the burning candles created great ambiance, but were all difference scents and triggered my allergies! Yikes!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2007

Two girlfriends and I decided to have a "Girl's Weekend" in downtown Ft. Worth and selected the Embassy Suites after reading other reviews and knowing the location would be good for restaurants and nightlife. We were not disappointed!

I must preface this review by saying that when my husband and I travel, we usually stay at 4-and 5-star properties, so I generally have high expectations. I have stayed at other Embassy Suites before for business, and this property is a cut above any other location I have ever stayed at. The renovations brought a clean, ultra-modern decor to the hotel, and the extras like plasma TVs and MP-3 compatible stereo/alarm clocks were not overlooked. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious, and even though we faced the main downtown thoroughfare on a lower level floor, the street noise was minimal at most. The beds were extraordinarily comfortable, and the sitting area had a comfortable couch with a chaise lounge extension - not something common to any hotel suite.

What made my stay particularly wonderful was the attentiveness of the staff. I had an emergency medical situation arise while I was traveling on the plane from Florida to Texas, and after checking into the hotel on a Friday afternoon and explaining my situation, the front desk clerk (Jennifer) began contacting local opthamologist's offices to find someone who would be willing to take me on a last-minute basis right before the weekend began. By the time I had dropped my bags off in the room and come back downstairs, she already had several options lined up and had printed up the corresponding directions. When we returned later that evening, Jennifer had left a handwritten note in our room wishing me a speedy recovery and complimentary drink coupons to get our weekend started.

Every hotel employee we encountered that weekend was friendly and personable, and each of them seemed to genuinely care about whether we were being accommodated. Whether it was a bartender, valet, waiter, or front desk clerk, we were always greeted with a smile and more often than not, thoughtful small talk. In addition, we had three women in one room with the typical hair product-makeup-clothes explosion that takes place during a "Girl's Weekend," but the housekeeping staff always left our room spotless. My only (small) complaint is that we called down for extra towels, and after waiting 20 minutes just went and found a towel cart and helped ourselves.

The breakfast and evening Manager's Reception was above-average for other Embassy Suites that I've stayed at, and the hotel bar (although small) was very trendy and had an excellent selection of exotic drinks. The hotel is wilthin walking distance of excellent restaurants and bars (try "8.0's" for good live music or the dueling piano bar for an all-around good time). Although it's not within walking distance (but a short cab ride) from the hotel, if you're in the mood for good Mexican food, Joe T. Garcia's is a Ft. Worth institution and is worth the wait.

• Liked — Location and personal service.
  • Disliked — Long line at the bar during the Manager's Reception.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank TwoTancks
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 23, 2007

My business colleagues and I were planning to stay at another location in downtown Fort Worth for a conference, but a good tip from a local colleague brought us to this renovated Embassy Suites. Wonderful, beautifully designed rooms, and a great decor throughout the entire hotel. A fully cooked Embassy Suites (free) breakfast was expected and did not disappoint. I don't know if other Embassy Suites also host a manager's reception every evening, with free drinks and snacks, but this one did. Surprisingly generous! Also, a very nice feature is a Starbucks inside the lobby with a good array of foods, not just the usual high-calorie sweets. One day, they were handing out free drinks at the Starbucks.

Just a few short blocks to the convention center (which has seen better days!), and a great location to wander the streets of the nicest section of downtown Fort Worth. I highly recommend this hotel, no question. At full rate, it was pricey, but I'm sure that you can find some deals. Plenty of room in your suite for company or kids.

The staff was unfailingly kind and attentive.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business