“Bonnell's Has Greatly Improved”

Bonnell's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bonnell's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,744 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 183/Southwest Blvd
Reviewed August 10, 2017

The first time we dined at Bonnell's, the service was poor and the food was cold and over-priced. During DFW Restaurant Week, they redeemed themselves.
They have an extensive and expensive wine list, but we ordered wine by the glass. Three of us ordered the white ceviche gazpacho and were not disappointed. The entrees were steak, vegetarian or fish with vegetables. The redfish was superb. Two entrees were accompanied by jasmine rice; the other had jalapeno grits. The desserts, amaretto chocolate cake or margarita key lime pie, were so good that no one wanted to "share."

Reviewed July 23, 2017

Dan was our waiter and he paid a lot of attention to our needs. 6 adults and 1 toddler, and everybody got an appetizer. I got Oysters Texefeller, which is fried oysters on spinach, and so did my friend. The baby had shrimp and grits, and my friend's husband had fried frog legs. My husband had salad and so did my daughter and son-in-law. We got the fresh cornbread with our meal and had chicken tenders with pommes frittes, just in case the baby rejected the shrimp and grits--which she did not. For the entrée, I had the pecan crusted red snapper, my husband, his friend, my daughter, and the friend's wife had the buffalo tenderloin, while my SIL had the mixed grill with the buffalo tenderloin, half quail, etc. and everyone loved their dishes. John Bonnell came around visiting with each table, which is always a treat and shows he cares about his business and his customers. For dessert, my SIL got the key lime dessert and I got a piece of chocolate amaretto cake with a birthday candle in it. The entire dinner cost $497.00 including a $64.00 tip, but we have only done this once before in 7 years, and it was an important night.

1  Thank Laurie M
Reviewed July 16, 2017

I had pecan crusted red fish. Spouse had buffalo tenderloin.
Fish was moist - buffalo was cooked perfectly.
Sides were simple, fresh, delicious.
Martini was generous with blue cheese olives.
Creme brulee one of the best we've had in Texas.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

Came here for a business lunch. Was hard to decide what to order. Had the chicken stack and key lime pie. Delicious!

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

The food was fantastic - and It was a very special occasion. We had eaten there several times with family and also friends. Our salmon and steak, this time was fantastic. This time, although food was excellent, overall service not near as good. Had trouble understanding this person, also little direction. Did not receive any bread by time salad was served. This was a first - the waitress explained that bread was coming with the entree. As I said, all food was good, and only food complaint was the potato dish we'd never had. It was a shredded and crispy potato and new to us. It was way too salty and frankly, hard to eat. At least twice too much! Looking back, should have sent it back. Everything else was great, and I really hated to have a negative aspect for our special occasion. Although, our cost for two was $150, I really didn't feel like a valued customer. It's all about the entire experience, and although it was very good the other times, they definitely went the other direction. Probably won't be back. There are plenty of places that are as good.