“Great meal, fabulous options!”

Bonnell's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bonnell's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,585 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 183/Southwest Blvd
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Overall a great meal. The starters, elk tacos and Texas bruschetta, were wonderful! Steaks were fine, but the quail was really the star! Kid's meals were fresh and just as special. We will go back.

1  Thank mhpTexas
There are newer reviews for Bonnell's Restaurant

Reviewed September 28, 2013

A friend told us about Bonnells and my husband took me there for my birthday.
This was my kind of place . They had several game meat options ex. Elk , venison, buffalo, ostrich on the menu. I chose the ostrich because I had never had it before. It did NOT taste like chicken. It was a dark red meat that reminded me of venison. I loved it. My husband had elk, it was tender and tasty. All of the sides and sauces were excellent. I also added a side salad, crisp and good and plenty of it. Hubby had tomato Jalapeño soup, spicy and rich. Oh, we also had a crab cake for an appetizer, there was just one which we shared and it was extremely good. We each had desert, he had Key lime pie which I did not sample but he enjoyed. Because it was my birthday they complimented me with a desert, I chose the moon pie which I cannot describe but to say it was fabulous, nothing like a store bought moon pie .
This is a nice place , dress appropriately , not Particularly a suit and tie but not jeans and t shirt either. I guess business casual would be the norm.
The meals were expensive but worth it for a special occasion . Nice cozy atmosphere too. This is my new favorite place.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We started with an appetizer plate and my favorite thing was the elk taco. Delish! I had the red fish and my husband had the elk guisada. Both were excellent! We will return to try more items on the menu. The restaurant is very dark. It took our eyes a while to adjust from the bright sun outside.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I went here for our 2nd anniversary. We wanted to try food that was different than your average steak house. I ended up choosing the mixed gill. It had a little of everything, elk & buffalo tenderloin and lamb as well as cactus. My wife loved the special “bacon wrapped rabbit”. The meal was excellent, a little loud though but the atmosphere was nice. If we go back I’ll take the buffalo tenderloin as my main course.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've been to two of the "best" Texas-style cuisine restaurants and was a little underwhelmed with both. While Tim Love's Lonesome Dove was good, the food felt out of season and when I considered going there again this time around I looked at the menu and yet again Love hadn't gone back to change it. I guess he's too busy working on his new adventures. Reata's also while good was not what the price entailed.

Bonnell's takes both of those Fine Dining restaurants and puts them to shame. The atmosphere was dim and romantic, the service was spot on, and the menu was up to date season-wise and the specials were tremendous. My boyfriend and I started off with the "Texas Bruchetta" which was like a deconstructed chips and dip. It came with giant fresh tortilla chips, pine nut guac, tomato salsa, caramelized onions, and spreadable ghost cheese. Putting all those flavors on top of a fresh chip was like heaven in my mouth.
The next course we had was the tomato jalapeno soup which was just the right amount of spice to tomato. It was quite exquisite.
Finally we hard out main course. My boyfriend had the Chicken Stack which was like a deconstructed enchilada (very big and looked very delicious). I, on the other had, am more adventurous and went for the special which just so happened to be ostrich in a port reduction with broccolini and spicy mash. It was really delicious and I would definitely order it again if given the chance. I never had ostrich before, and to me it tasted really similar to steak. It was amazing.

I would highly recommend Bonnell's over Lonesome Dove or Reata's any day. If you're in Fort Worth to visit and wanted a romantic night in, this is the place you should take yourself and your date to.