“Wonderful dining experience”

Bonnell's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bonnell's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 1,633 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 183/Southwest Blvd
Reviewed April 20, 2013

After several months I have the chance to go back to Bonnell's. I was away too long! Bonnell's is better than ever, and is one of few restaurants to offer the healthier game meats. I was quite impressed to see the all local area growers and sources for so many items on their menu as well.

Our server was knowledgeable, prompt without being intrusive. The dining room area was perfectly lit and not at all loud.

We started with the Oysters Texasfeller. They were melt-in-your-mouth delicious. My date had the mixed grill of Elk, with Quail and Andouille, which he share a bite with me - delicious!

I started with a tomato and jalapeno bisque. For entree I chose the Peppered Bison, which had a fabulous whiskey sauce. I could have eaten the plate it was so good. It was served with truffled shoestring potatoes, which were exceptionally good with the pepper in the whiskey sauce. Just wanted more of the grilled asparagus.

We shared the dessert sampler which was just enough tasting to complete this lovely dinner. And yes, Chef Bonnell came to our table and greeted us, so I had the opportunity to tell him about the excellent whiskey sauce! I will be back very soon - too much goodness to enjoy at Bonnell's!

3  Thank TetonCLT

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We love Bonnell's!!! Amazing service, great bartenders, and even better food! The food is always fresh and amazing. On our most recent visit, we sat at the bar and had a couple drinks and ordered some appetizers. They have one of the coldest martini's around. We ordered the 8 item appetizer sampler to sample all of their appetizers (hard for me to branch out from the oyster's texafeller - AMAZING!) I was shocked, that I liked everything on the sampler. The elk tacos and shrimp and grits were out of this world. Normally I am not a grit fan at all, but these were very good and had a wonderful sauce that complimented the dish.

3  Thank JulesH2011
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Fantastic, innovative food coupled with good service. All of the food was excellent, and the elk tenderloin was outstanding.

2  Thank Richard4188
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The staff is to be commended for their willingness to accommodate all our requests. Our evening began when we were shown to a table. One of us wanted a different table due to a concern that the one offered might be on a on a busy traffic aisle. We were given the desired table without delay. Our drinks (martinis, cosmopolitan & manhattan) were as requested. Two of us decided to split an appetizer, which our server was happy to do for us. Next we decided to split a large caesar salad among the 4 of us. Each of us made changes to our entrees-substituting one vegetable for another, dressing on the side, etc. All were minor changes, but were flawlessly done and without question.

The food was incredible in terms of presentation and flavor. The appetizer was foie gras on grilled papaya which was excellent and is highly recommended. The salad was quite nice and the quantity was just right. All of us enjoyed our entrees. Two of us had bacon wrapped venison tenderloin. It was very tender, cooked to perfection and quite flavorful. The flounder was served with a creole mustard sauce which was an excellent flavor combination. Finally, the chicken and wild mushroom pasta with truffles is also highly recommended.

We were celebrating 2 birthdays, so 2 desserts were complimentary. I don't know if that is standard procedure or not, but it made a great finish to a wonderful dining experience.

Incredible service and incredible food made for an incredible evening.

2  Thank inn-trepid
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went for dinner last night with friends. A great evening! Lots of character in the restaurant, cozy, not too loud but a real energy to it. Wine list had great options at very reasonable prices. The Bonnell's cab is made by Egelhoff and was very good. Quail appetizer was very tasty, dipped in buttermilk and fried with lots of flavor. Caesar salad was great- dressing was light and not creamy. Tenderloin with truffled pommes frites was so good that we saved some for breakfast the next day. Owner/chef John Bonnell was hard at work as always and visited each table - not something many Chris do much anymore, especially not in Fort Worth.

2  Thank michael h