“College kids LoL”

Ranked #4 of 1,791 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 21, 2017

It's definitely a great place to eat. I say "college kids lol" because everyone there seemed college age, the truth is, its a diverse crowd of folks who enjoy a good taco. It has a great vibe. Do yourself a favor and try it.
My favorite: #12 Slow roasted Angus brisket

Reviewed December 19, 2017

I love tacos. We try tacos in almost every city we visit, and Velvet Taco really takes the cake. Between my husband and I, we tried four different tacos and some nachos. The Tiki Masala taco was our absolute favorite. Our uber driver recommended the tiki masala taco, which we normally would have never tried, but were SO glad we did. My husband also loved the shrimp and grits taco. Seriously, the line was long, but it was SO worth it.

Reviewed December 18, 2017

My wife dragged me here but to my surprise,, I enjoyed the food . And would recommend this restaurant to everyone

Reviewed December 11, 2017

I eat tons of tacos, but every time I am near a Velvet Taco I must eat there. This place is really unconventional in the taco world, most tacos are really only tacos by shape. The variety is insane and basically a trip around the world. I had a chicken tikka taco and Nashville hot tofu this last time, both of which were awesome. I love that you can get various types of ethnic foods in a fresh taco.

What's really cool is that you can tell that the ingredients are fresh, they have chickens roasting right in front of you in an open kitchen. It's amazing to me there are not more Velvet Tacos around DFW.

I also was really impressed with the cashier service. You can tell that a lot of people go here and are overwhelmed and/or confused by the menu. The day I was there the cashier came out from around the counter, and basically toured the menu and made recommendations with multiple guests that really needed help. The customers really appreciated it, and you don't see that a most taco places.

Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife had lunch at Velvet Taco and the place is amazing! Cleanliness, food, service and of course price. We had #’s 1 / 2 / 12 / 14 and let me say #14 blackened shrimp and grits WONDERFUL ‼️ These people have mastered The TACO. You can’t go wrong eating here you can thank me later.