“Great hotel - hyatt place fw”

Hyatt Place Ft. Worth Historic Stockyards
Ranked #7 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We love this hotel, we booked over the Internet and having an electric wheelchair never know what to expect. The room is huge and easily accessible. Staff are really friendly and helpful and it is in a great location. We also slept in and missed breakfast and the staff were only too happy to rustle us up some.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Justin B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Ft. Worth Historic Stockyards, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

We're glad that you guys enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Hyatt Place Ft Worth Historic Stockyards. Hopefully in the future, we'll be your top recommendation for hotels in the area. Thank you for your recent feedback and stay with us, hopefully we'll see you guys in the future!

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very neat! The hotel is located in the Fort Worth Historic Stockyards and is the perfect hotel to stay at if you are wanting a fun and unique experience. The country-western theme is on display throughout the entire hotel and the staff is one of the friendliest I've ever come across. The location is by far one of the most unique in the state. If you are looking to get away but stay close to home, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2013
Justin B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Ft. Worth Historic Stockyards, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for your feedback of the Hyatt Place Ft. Worth Historic Stockyards! We definitely pride ourselves in our unique décor and love when it is appreciated by our guests. Hopefully in the future, we will be your number one recommendation for hotels in our area. I look forward to your stay in the future, thank you again!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel was not what I expected from a Hyatt.

First the positives: the staff is very friendly and quickly responsive to requests and questions. The location is fantastic if you are visiting historic Ft. Worth and the stockyards.

Now the negatives: This property used to be an AmeriSuites and still looks and acts like one. The room layout is wierd. Most Hyatts I have stayed at have an enclosed bathroom with upgraded amenities. This one had the sink at the foot of one of the queen beds. There were 2 queen beds and a convertible couch with the TV in a narrow place between the two areas. The TV wasn't comfortable to watch from either area. There were plenty of glasses and an ice bucket, but no minibar. Parking was in back of the hotel and thankfully secure and free. No valet parking, no bellman to take luggage to the room. Automated check in kiosks just inside the lobby. A tiny check in desk next to the bar if you want to check in with a live person. You have to walk through the bar to get to your room. The air conditioning was freezing and noisy so I shut it off. I left the window open for 2 days to get rid of the funky, mildew smell in the room. There was a giant, grayish black stain in the middle of the carpet as well as numerous smaller brown ones. One of the decorative pillows had a nasty stain in the middle of it which was hidden by turning it backwards. The lack of cleanliness was just gross. The furnishings all looked rather worn. The breakfast was just ok. Some of the frozen fruit was starting to ferment, but eggs, sausage and waffles were good. The tables in the breakfast area are crammed so close together that people had to keep standing up and pushing in their chairs to let other people get to their tables. This could be solved by turning the tables 90 degrees so there is enough space to walk between them. Non-smoking is not necessarily observed on the non smoking floors and we could smell smoke from our room. This is basically what I expect when staying at a low budget, extended stay suite hotel.
This hotel needs a lot of work. Once Hyatt brings this hotel up to the normal Hyatt standards it will be a real gem.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheesehead_In_Texas
Justin B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Ft. Worth Historic Stockyards, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for your recent feedback and review of our location. I apologize your stay with us was not as satisfactory as you anticipated. Unfortunately, our original construction limits the arrangements of some of our physical attributes. However, I will promptly address all of your concerns with the appropriate departments to ensure these are take care of for any future guests. We constantly strive to improve the services we provide to each of our guests, and value your feedback to ensure we are doing everything possible to achieve this. Without having the facilities of a full service hotel, it can be frustrating to some of our guests, and I apologize for these shortcomings in amenities featured. If there is anything else that I can do to better assist you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that we may discuss this.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was here for one week in March. I chose this place because my main interest was exploring the Stockyard district and also it was in a location close to people I intended to visit with.
Hyatt Place has beautiful western decor without being cheesie. A lot of thought went into it.
The breakfast/ dining area is spacious and the feast put out each morning is high quality and always replenished. No styrofoam plates, plastic cutlery or paper cups!
I was in a King room, which could have easily fit 5 people. It was very clean and the decor carried through the western theme with beautiful pictures on the wall. The windows open, which I was happy with. Nice to get fresh air at night. The sink area is outside of the bathroom, good for more than one person. I could have got used to staying there, as it was so nice and the staff very friendly. I was always greeted coming and going. Even the breakfast lady wanted to know if everything was alright. Being in the south, I expected friendliness but they even topped that.
The Fort Worth visitor centre is directly in front of the hotel, so not far to go for info. I would highly recommend the Stockyard tour! The Stockyard Station Mall is beside the Hyatt and the Colloseum and Stockyard Exchange Building across the street. The Longhorn herd's route is right in front of the hotel to.(they go a couple blocks) There are many shops and restaurants that cater to tourists and locals. Joe T's Mexican restaurant should be on your list! (fyi they only take cash but have an ATM) Further up Main St., there are several fast food restaurants. You are an easy short drive to downtown Fort Worth and other attractions.
The only thing I did not enjoy was hearing a train whistle at night. The train tracks run nearby- this was a stockyard after all, but I would strongly suggest earplugs if you are a light sleeper. Since the hotel is smack dab in the stockyards, you will also hear the stagecoaches taking the tourists, around the hotel area as well as the horseback riders. I'm not saying this is noisy but be warned you will hear it. This hotel is if you want to be in the action of the Stockyards. The pool is great! Looks out into the parking lot though, it could be more private. I had a little boy shout Howdy Ma'am to me from the stagecoach as I was stepping in the pool! Really cute!
I enjoyed being able to leave my car parked and walking to wherever I wanted in the Stockyards. As my room was in the back I had a nice view of downtown Fort Worth in the distance and closer to the hotel I saw what was going on in the Livery, bringing the horses in etc.. I would recommend Hyatt Place to any type of travellers. I saw a lot of families, and couples.

Room Tip: I was in the back on the second floor. I would recommend higher as the exhaust and other things like...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank suzsolo
Justin B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Ft. Worth Historic Stockyards, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you very much for the wonderful review of the Hyatt Place Fort Worth Historic Stockyards! We love to hear feedback like this and I will ensure it is shared with every employee at our hotel. Each member of our team strives very hard to exceed expectations and we take tremendous pride on the level of service we are able to provide to each of our guests. Again, thank you for your recent stay with us, and hopefully we will be at the top of your recommendations for future stays!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Free parking (usually US$ 5 or 10 at the stockyards), perfect location (and I mean, really perfect), very nice rooms (big and comfy) - although the bathtub and shower looked a bit old, really good breakfast, great service.
I'd advise anyone who plan to visit the stockyards to stay here. it's the best hotel in the area and everything is walking distance.
Not cheap though (US$ 154), other than that, eveything was really fine.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dannlaly
Justin B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Ft. Worth Historic Stockyards, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for your recent feedback of the Hyatt Place Fort Worth Stockyards. Each of our employees are trained to exceed the expectations of our guests, and I am glad that you had a wonderful experience with us. I will ensure we share your comments with all of our team and hopefully we are among your top recommendations for any future stays. Please let me know if there is anything else that we can do to further assist you in the future, thanks again!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I used my Platinum member points for the first night and wish I had stopped there. I paid full price for night two, which due to location is the price of two nights at any other Hyatt Place. When I returned to my room after a walk through the Stockyards, I found that all the cleaning crew did was make the bed and leave fresh towels. For two hundred dollars you would think they could leave fresh glasses and a new liner for the ice bucket. The front desk did OK, but not as service oriented as other Hyatt locations I have visited. You are right in the middle of the stockyards so everything is in walking distance. It wasn't bad but certainly not as good as it could have been.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank badman525
Justin B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Ft. Worth Historic Stockyards, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for your recent review and feedback with us. We constantly strive to find ways to better improve our services for our guests. I will address these issues with my housekeeping department immediately so that we can better understand what needs to happen for our guests. In the future, I would hope that you would not hesitate to book with us again and if you would contact me directly I will ensure we do everything possible to make sure you are taken care of. Please let me know if there is anything else that we can further do to assist you.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The rooms were of typical Hyatt Place quality. The texas decor is a nice touch. But the quality of the rooms are nothing special. The bedspread had a couple of small stains. Other than that, the cleanliness of the room was good. The best part of the hotel is the location. It is located in the Stockyards. A 1 minute walk to great restaurants.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as far away from the RR tracks as possible.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Lesley-

Thank you for your recent review and feedback of your stay with us. I'm happy we were able to meet your expectations, however our goal is to go above and beyond to exceed your expectations. If there is any additional feedback you would like to provide that would help us to better serve our guests in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thanks again for your recent business with us!