WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #7 of 108 Hotels in Fort Worth
Porto Alegre, RS
“Best location ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Free parking (usually US$ 5 or 10 at the stockyards), perfect location (and I mean, really perfect), very nice rooms (big and comfy) - although the bathtub and shower looked a bit old, really good breakfast, great service.
I'd advise anyone who plan to visit the stockyards to stay here. it's the best hotel in the area and everything is walking distance.
Not cheap though (US$ 154), other than that, eveything was really fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dannlaly
Justin B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Ft. Worth Historic Stockyards, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your recent feedback of the Hyatt Place Fort Worth Stockyards. Each of our employees are trained to exceed the expectations of our guests, and I am glad that you had a wonderful experience with us. I will ensure we share your comments with all of our team and hopefully we are among your top recommendations for any future stays. Please let me know if there is anything else that we can do to further assist you in the future, thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I used my Platinum member points for the first night and wish I had stopped there. I paid full price for night two, which due to location is the price of two nights at any other Hyatt Place. When I returned to my room after a walk through the Stockyards, I found that all the cleaning crew did was make the bed and leave fresh towels. For two hundred dollars you would think they could leave fresh glasses and a new liner for the ice bucket. The front desk did OK, but not as service oriented as other Hyatt locations I have visited. You are right in the middle of the stockyards so everything is in walking distance. It wasn't bad but certainly not as good as it could have been.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank badman525
Justin B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Ft. Worth Historic Stockyards, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your recent review and feedback with us. We constantly strive to find ways to better improve our services for our guests. I will address these issues with my housekeeping department immediately so that we can better understand what needs to happen for our guests. In the future, I would hope that you would not hesitate to book with us again and if you would contact me directly I will ensure we do everything possible to make sure you are taken care of. Please let me know if there is anything else that we can further do to assist you.
Addison, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

The rooms were of typical Hyatt Place quality. The texas decor is a nice touch. But the quality of the rooms are nothing special. The bedspread had a couple of small stains. Other than that, the cleanliness of the room was good. The best part of the hotel is the location. It is located in the Stockyards. A 1 minute walk to great restaurants.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as far away from the RR tracks as possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lesley-

Thank you for your recent review and feedback of your stay with us. I'm happy we were able to meet your expectations, however our goal is to go above and beyond to exceed your expectations. If there is any additional feedback you would like to provide that would help us to better serve our guests in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thanks again for your recent business with us!
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

The young woman who checked me in could return to "Front Desk 101" training at this hotel. Several odd things happened. Upon check-in, I asked if they had a "Bank of America" corporate rate. She didn't think so, but she yelled over to the guy working the bar to say "Hey, do we have a Bank of America rate?"...and his reply..."Ummmm, I don't think so."

Then I presented her with my Hilton Amex, and she proceeded to say..."why aren't you staying at a Hilton?" Really...did you just ask me to switch hotel chains?

Then when I asked where to park, she said "out back" since the front is reserved for Gold Passport members. Let it be known...I'm a Diamond with Hyatt Gold Passport. I pointed that out to her and she laughed..."oh, I forgot to look."

Then the icing on the cake was when I asked her for the Diamond amenity. (Keep in mind she didn't offer it...I had to ask). She said, they don't offer anything (incorrect, according to Hyatt's web site...they're supposed to offer points or a snack from their pantry). She proceeded to say...in the past they used to give out "bags of crap," but they don't do that anymore. NO JOKE...those were her words!!! For reference, this all took place at about 6 or 7PM on 3/13.

Otherwise, the hotel was fine, but clearly the staff could return to some kind of training...anything...just show them how to work a front desk.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank WldTvlr
I apologize for the lack of appropriate customer service you received during your recent stay with us. Our efforts at this hotel are to continuously develop our front desk staff to provide the best possible guest experience. Please rest assured that I will pass these comments along to the appropriate person to ensure they are better trained to perform to our expectations. If there is anything else that I can personally do to better assist you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Great location for stockyard access. Room was clean and roomy though no fan in bathroom made it very steamy. Staff were very friendly. The breakfast had a nice selection though you could not order special items like I have been able to do at other hyatt places. The check in desk was weird as it seemed like they wanted u to use the computer check in but the girl at the 'desk' did check us in. Overall good place to stay if you want instant acces to the stockyards.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank trip_travel9988
Qld, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We spent four happy days at this hotel. Everything was good, comfortable beds, clean linen, helpful staff. Breakfast was adequate but nothing to get too excited over. Location is excellent for those wishing the stockyards.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KittyKitoba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hyatt during the first part of spring break and had a great time. Everything is very close to the hotel and we enjoyed the friendly staff as well as what seemed to be a newly renovated room. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013