“Average stay, little too high on price”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Lake Worth NW Loop 820
Ranked #59 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Arkansas
“Average stay, little too high on price”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Fort Worth isn't cheap on the chain hotels, and this one came in at about 125$/night for a week's stay. There is nothing right around it but a Denny's and a Shell, but a quick jaunt to Lake Worth/Jacksboro Hwy, and you have drink and food options toward downtown or the opposite way. The hotel itself was nice (was here last Feb 2009 also), although the front desk did not recognize my Platinum status, or tell me when breakfast was or where the elevators were, but that's trivial. The room was average and clean. A few nights they had what looked to be a free basic buffet (saw burgers one night), but I'd pass on that and hit up one of the places near the hotel (Buffalo Wild Wings is always a good choice). I would rather have stayed downtown but the price was prohibitive.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2010

My first Holiday Inn Express stay and it was the best Inn I visited in a while. Super clean, super nice new amenities. Staff visible and accomodating. Beds made nice, very comfortable. Kitchen area clean and food was good. Can honestly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
North Texas
Reviewed May 13, 2009

I spent a week at this hotel and was very satisfied. Upon check-in, I was upgraded to a suite and was given two freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. The room was pretty big and had a sitting area that included a desk/chair, sofa with matching chair, and coffee table. The room was very clean and well appointed. As with most Holiday Inn Expresses, the bathroom was good sized and had a granite countertop as well as a roomy shower. The bed was very comfortable and two "firm" and two "soft" pillows were provided on the bed.

The hotel offers free wireless internet but it was pretty slow. I noticed the room had an ethernet cable connection and was able to get a cable (for free) from the front desk. The ethernet cable connection was much faster.

The hotel offered a free breakfast that was pretty good. They offered scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits, and gravy every morning. They also offered pastries, cereals, breads, yogurts, oatmeal, juices, coffees, etc. Overall, it was what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. Every late afternoon, the hotel offered more free food. I saw sloppy joes, nachos, sandwiches, etc. I didn't eat any of it but it looked/smelled pretty good. The hotel also had fresh baked cookies and lemonade/juices for their guests. Nice touch!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Housekeeping changed the linens every morning and there was always plenty of towels. The hotel appeared to be near capacity but it was always quiet in the room. The one thing that stood out the most with this hotel was that it was clean.

Overall, this was a great hotel for the price.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank KSLawDawg
Harrison Arkansas
Reviewed September 8, 2006

My family and I just had our third great experience with this hotel. We stayed in room 106 and didn't have to worry about anything. Our rooms were super clean again and I felt comfortable letting my toddler play in this room without worrying that she would find something on the floor. We stayed 3 nights in a king non-smoking room and these non-smoking rooms don't smell like someone smoked in them and then they tried to cover it up like I've had happen before at other hotels. These rooms have a sleeper sofa, desk, refrigerator and microwave along with a coffee maker. I never bother to take my own hair dryer to this hotel as their in room hair dryer works great. I plan on staying here again. The breakfast is great for my family too. It has enough variation to please my toddler and my husband and I. I feel very safe in this hotel too. This is my second all time favorite hotel in the United States. You won't be disappointed if you stay here.

• Liked — The room is so comfortable.
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything that I didn't like.
  • Tips/Secrets — I've stayed on the first floor and second floor and prefer second floor for less traffic in the hallways.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank latkinson
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed March 26, 2006

If you're going to Fort Worth and have a car, stay here, you'll save some money too. Driving to downtown (during rush hour) it is 20 min. To the cultural district it is 15 min.
Nice staff and the hotel is new and clean, clean, clean!
Other reviewers were right, great breakfast selection (warm item a plus). In the afternoons there were warm chocolate chip cookies along with coffee and hot chocolate in the lobby.
Internet access (they provide the cable), lots of cable channels to flip through too.
My only complaint, and its not really a complaint. In the evening we could hear our neighbors talking - good thing they weren't partying - turning on the radio helped drown them out.

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank inca_me
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 2, 2005

Brand new June 2005. Friendly staff. Hot item every day on breakfast. MWF had egg omelet and bacon. Other days had biscuit with sausage gravy. Had hot cinnamon rolls. Rooms were very nice with microwave and fridge. Has computer room to use. It has internet and printer. Really enjoyed a weeks stay.

• Stayed June 2005
#61 of 111 in Fort Worth
Staybridge Suites West Fort Worth
Best Western Fort Worth Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Fort Worth I-35 Western Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Lake Worth NW Loop 820? Share your experiences!