“Cannot beat the info hre!”

American Airlines CR Smith Museum
Ranked #24 of 155 things to do in Fort Worth
Fort Worth, TX
160 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“Cannot beat the info hre!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

What an excellent venue, including the IMAX movie presentation. I don't really know what the admission price is (employees are free), but I love to try and go at least once year and see what has changed, updated, etc. Lots of hands-on exhibits if you have young ones, and always interesting scoop on many facets of aviation/history.

Visited July 2013

Penzance, United Kingdom
“Amazing - have a look in the DC3”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is one of those must go to places. It has an amazing behind the scenes experience of AA old and new. I loved the hanging models that all looked like they were in flight.

Visited June 2013
Rego Park, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Awesome Aviation and American Airlines History”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have about 2 hours to kill before taking my flight and decide to visit the museum. I love planes and anything related with commercial aviation. You can learn about the aviation industry start it and how American Airlines start it too. You have a lot of interactive exhibition. I spent about 1 hour before going to the airport.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank alsolution
Texarkana,Texas
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 201 helpful votes
“Wonderful Museum about American Airline History!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I really wasn't expecting much when I visited recently. How interesting could Aviation be for a Senior citizen. I couldn't have been more wrong. There are so many interesting types of interactive exhibits, films and interesting memorabilia for folks of every age. There is really something for everyone in the family to enjoy even an authentic 1930's cargo plane!

In particular, they had a special Lego exhibit for the kids when I was there which I understand will close soon. It will be replaced by the Colorama exhibit which is due to open and run from October 12 through January 4th, 2014 and is organized by the George Eastman House.

The C.R. Smith museum is conveniently located just southwest of the DFW Airport. Directions to the museum from either Highway 183 or Highway 360, take the FAA Road exit and turn west until you reach the museum at 4601 Texas Highway 360.

The C. R. Smith Museum is open from 9 am to 5 pm on Tuesday through Saturday, from 1 pm to 5 pm on Sundays and it is closed on Mondays! There is a fee for the museum but there is free parking across from the musuem!

Visited September 2013
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
178 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Pretty Neat”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went here a few weeks for a summer camp field trip. The kids had tons of fun with all the cool hands on stuff they have there. There is also tons of stuff to look at for the adults to keep us entertained as well.

For me personally, it wasn't something I am very interested in but I really enjoyed my visit. The staff was also very friendly.

Visited June 2013