“This place is awesome!”

Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“This place is awesome!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This place is awesome! There is a B-24 one rarest war birds in the world. It is got tons of restoration on going at all times. A great place to bring your kids. If you love airplanes you will love this place!

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Michael T

Wichita Falls, Texas
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Pilot Experience”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I gave my husband this for Christmas and he loved it. He did the flying part on December 27 and we still have the ground school to go! If you have a plance fanatic it is great. It is a good little museum.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Belwolfie
Alta Loma, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Small but interesting.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My mom and I had a short time in the area and found the Vintage Flying Museum as a good filler. It is relatively small (about 10 -15 airplanes) compared to other airplane museums and took us about 1 hour to visit. I probably would have given this as a 3 rating, but because we had a great tour guide, Joe, that gave us great information about each of the airplanes and even gave us some close-up views of the B-25 Pacific Prowler, they earned a 4 rating. Joe showed where veterans had signed the airplane and explained what the insignias meant on the sides of the plane; something I would have overlooked or not known about without Joe. Inside has more historical artifacts and photographs that both my mom were interested. We visited on a very hot day in August, but it wasn't unbearable in the non-air conditioned hangar. The museums website was helpful listing their hours and address. I had no problem finding it via GPS. I think it is a great place for kids and adults, even those that aren't interested in aviation (like my mom), but who are interested in history.

Visited August 2013
5 Thank PhotoJane
Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Flight on C-47 was very WWII authentic - loved it!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I took a ride in the C-47 WWII era (built in 1941) airplane. We flew over Fort Worth and had a very nice view. Flying in this plane gave me a feel for what "the greatest generation" went thru in those days. The plane is pretty authentic - don't expect many creature comforts inside. No heat or A/C - my ride was on a chilly morning in late Oct. Was certainly glad that I dressed warmly. The flight was a little bumpy, but that's all part of the authentic experience. You leave from the main terminal building at Meacham airport. After a quick briefing (what to do/not do while on the plane, brief history of plane, etc.), you are taken on the short ride from the terminal to the plane in an Army transport vehicle "deuce & a half" - another bit of authenticity. No reserved seats, but once you're in the air, you can move around to look in the cockpit, and take pictures from the "gun ports" in the windows. If you have a small camera, be sure to hold on to it - the wind rushing by the "gun port" created a bit of a suction, but the ports aren't very large so it wasn't a problem. The actual flight is only 15-20 minutes - I would have preferred a little more airtime - but a wonderful experience nonetheless!

5 Thank texastravelfan1234
Franklin, Kentucky
231 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 228 helpful votes
“Disappointment..:0(”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Drove out to the Vintage Flying Museum (not really easy to find) for I wanted to view the nearly two dozen rare and historic aircraft they stated that they had on display there.
When I arrived mid-morning the office was locked and no note to say if they were going to open. I walked to where the hanger doors were open to see if someone was inside. Could hear someone in the back of the hanger but could not see them (did not want to intrude.) Many of the planes looked dismantled (engine work, etc).
Sad, this could have been a remarkable experience..Walking back in time.

Visited April 2012