“The Bed was terrible.”

Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Worth Cultural District
Ranked #51 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed October 10, 2010

The bed was not comfortable so we won't be back. I don't expect a hotel bed to be top of the line but the bed in our room was more like an old prison mattress then something you would find in a fairly new hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nflguy49

Reviewed August 8, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times in the past two years usually for 2-3 weeks at a stretch.. It is a typical Residence Inn with an excellent staff. However, I have had a number of issues with the housekeeping staff. They tend to ignore special requests, 'do not disturb' placards, and leave the lights on. On more than one occassion my room wasn't cleaned. I work for a large company and many of our staff also stay here when in Fort Worth. I couldn't begin to guess the number of complaints I've heard regarding the water temperature in the bathrooms. The temperature ranges from tepid to lukewarm and has been reported to the hotel staff and maintenance crew many times. The hotel has a shuttle which I find to be very convenient since this hotel is close to downtown. The suites are well equipped for extended stay, the televisions are small with a bad picture, the work area is not well set up. There is in-room internet connection but this is the 21st century and wi-fi is a must for the business traveler. To be fair there is wi-fi in the public area of the hotel as well as a public computer with internet access. The courtyard area includes a heated swimming pool, hot tub, a gas BBQ grill, and a fireplace. The pool water ususally looks rather cludy which makes me wonder if it has ever been cleaned. The exercise room is small and the dumbbells and treadmill are the only equipment that is of gym quality (the bike and stairmaster are very low quality). The hotel does have an agreement with LA Fitness which is only a couple blcoks away. Show your room key and your workout is free. The lobby is spacious, clean, and welcoming and has a great conversation area complete with gas fireplace. The complimentary breakfast is good and offers a variety of breakfast food. The manager's reception has been scaled back in the past couple of years but does offer some good food, cheap wine, and cold beer. In spite of the many little things that bother me, the location and overall accommodations are above average. The staff try to make me feel at home and I continue to stay here. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a comfortable above average extended stay hotel in a great location. The staff here will welcome you and do whatever they can to help you enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank keystonekop
Reviewed May 28, 2010

Ive stayed here before. About 5 years ago when it first opened. So I wanted to submit a follow up review.

I needed a quick 1 night stay somewhere close to downtown Ft Worth. I spent over an hour on this site looking at all the Marriott properties (there are quite a few) within 10 miles of town. They all have, at best, average reviews. Except this property.

I checked in fairly late, about 10pm. I asked for a room in a quiet location and was given room 401, in a corner at the end of the hall.

The room was nice, clean, and large. Only a few small issues. Old style TVs, but I don't watch much. Old style Marriott bedding which was mentioned in another review. No big deal. It was soft and clean.

The shower water was only mildy warm in the morning but I think this was a rare issue, at least according to the front desk.

The property is nice, the staff was friendly, and its in a good location.

I got a decent rate. I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank lucycan
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Stayed here multiple times in 2009, for 30+ nights. Nice clean hotel, good layout. Staff was always very friendly and helpful. Occasionally had noisy guests over the weekend (one weekend in particular was very bad) but for normal business travel it was great. Very close to a Super Target for inexpensive groceries, and close to a lot of restaurants, not to mention the museums. Adjacent to trinity park, good for a nice long walk. Would definitely stay here again. Occasionally would hear a train but never disrupted my sleep.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Staying over the weekend due to power outage throughout the are (snow) attentive staff, helped out with needs and special requests. pleasant atmosphere, nice rooms. A must stay when your in Fort Worth.,

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Stayed here two weekend nights while visiting Ft. Worth with my wife. Had our two small dogs with us. The hotel was very bet friendly and charged $100.00 pet fee for the entire stay (regardless of length.) Room was clean and better than average. Small TV with no movie options. Typical Residence Inn kitchen. Bathroom had broken toilet seat anchoring bolt. Breakfast was average, with decent variety of cereals, meats, juices, etc. Hotel had a very nice sitting room off the lobby and a nice barbecue area and pool. I would stay here again were I visiting this area of Ft Worth again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Our daughter lives near Ft. Worth, so we visit regularly. We always stay at this hotel. The staff is SO friendly and helpful. The breakfasts are great. Our 1-bedroom suite is always clean and comfortable. This property is located very close to downtown yet in a quiet area where you can get a good night's sleep. We will not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Fort Worth hotels
Downtown Fort Worth
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown
Downtown Fort Worth
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Worth Cultural District? Share your experiences!