“Ft Worth Nice Stay”

Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Worth Cultural District
Ranked #46 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel was clean and located right next to Trinity Park which is great if you want to walk, jog, or bike. Staff was friendly, but a couple of times the guy at the desk seemed too busy with phone calls to answer a question when I stopped at the desk. So I think they may need to have more than one person at the desk during afternoon hours (4-8 pm) when people are checking in and also coming in from business meetings back to their room.

I'm also noticing at my last two Marriott Residence Inn stays both in Orlando and here the free breakfast quality is not as good as it was about 2 years ago with a lot less choice. At least please bring back the REAL bacon!

Also noticed at my last two Marriott Residence Inn stays they no longer provided lotion.

Not a big deal, but this particular hotel also didn't provide the foldup suitcase stand which is pretty basic in even 1-2 star hotels I've stayed at. When I asked about it the desk I was told the hotel had just never provided them. So I had to put my suitcase on the living room coffee table to unpack it. Recommend the hotel think about providing these suitcase stands.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
General_Manager_829, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Worth Cultural District, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that at times during your stay the front desk was not adequately staffed to offer the attention that every guest deserves.

Our breakfast includes make your own waffles, eggs, a hot item (sausage, ham, biscuits and gravy) cereals, fruits, yogurts, and breads. We work within the guidelines of the Marriott breakfast standards, and I do apologize that it was not up to the expectations that you recall from two years ago.

You are correct that lotion is no longer provided in the rooms at Residence Inns, but typically it is available at the front desk upon request.

I am sorry that your stay was less than perfect. I would be happy to discuss further with you if you would like.

Brian Tigner

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

This Residence Inn is a large motel almost hidden off of 7th Street. The pool area is very nice and rooms are good size and very clean. We were very surprised to find out that the mattress was not comfortable though. Most Marriott's have great mattresses, but this one appeared thinner than normal and needed a thicker mattress pad. The breakfast room was nice, but too small for the amount of people there.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We choose the Residence Inn due to its location, close to The Modern Art Museum. We were there to see the Lucian Freud exhibit. The hotel is only a short drive to The Modern and also the Kimbell and the Amon Carter. Check in was quick and easy. We had requested an early check in and this was no problem. Our room, on the east side overlooking Trinity Park was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the extra feather pillows we requested were there when we arrived. The complementary breakfast provided a good selection of both hot and cold dishes. Check-out was easy and our statement arrived by e-mail. The Residence Inn will by our choice when we're in Fort Worth.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Business trip-I arrive at 9am-no problem, room ready and offered complimentary breakfast. I couldn't figure out how to work the very common, standard, door lock-mentioned to front desk - maintenance went to my room immediately. Didn't need to fix as I was the one that was "broken." Convenient to lots of restaurants. Complimentary shuttle. Not the largest RI I've stayed in, but I would certainly return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I travel to DFW twice per month and this is the first time I've stayed at this hotel. Now that I have, I'll return. It's a much nicer and cheaper stay than the Courtyard downtown Fort Worth. Plus, the location is great. Just across the street from many restaurants, shopping (i.e. Target, Marshall's, Office Depot, etc.) and only 2 mins from downtown Fort Worth.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on back side of hotel, away from the construction on the lot in front of the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had a very good time at this hotel. The hotel has many amenities, such as loaner bikes to ride on the trails near by. I did not get a chance to enjoy this, but next time I will build in time to enjoy this aminity. The staff is SUPER helpful. My departure flight did not leave until late and the staff was accomodating enought to work around my strange schedule. Upon arrivial, I was greeted warmly, and even thought parking was limited, there was someone in the parking lot, to help me find a place to park my car.

I was always greeted by name when calling downstairs, and when I went to the desk. Not a big deal, but a touch of detail worth mentioning. I was not just the room number, I felt like a real person and guest of the hotel.

The hotel is very clean, the maid service is accomodating. (I asked for extra lotion via a note i left while out for the day.... i returned to extra lotion and shampoo)

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. (be sure to check out the duck pond that is walking distance from the hotel.)

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad room here.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel was a mixed experience for us. We were in Fort Worth for one night, and wanted something well-located, which this property certainly is! The building is fairly up to date, and the staff was friendly.

However, there was no hot water when we came back in to shower after going for a swim (the pool was nice). We went to report this to the front desk and were informed that a large wedding party had just departed for a ceremony after showers, and so there was no hot water. It was beyond their control, but it was still a negative about our stay. Also, the carpets were dirty - our socks were filthy after walking on the carpet.

We also asked for foam pillows and extra towels when making our reservation, and neither of these requests were fulfilled. Not important, but worth noting.

Overall, the stay was alright, and worth the money we paid. Still, I think we will try a different hotel when we visit again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
General_Manager_829, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Worth Cultural District, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I do have some good news regarding the hot water issue that you experienced when you were with us. We just completed installing a new additional hot water pump to help during peak usage time periods. I’m sorry that you did not have any hot water when you returned from our pool.

I have also shared your comments regarding our carpets, which are cleaned on a regularly scheduled program, and your reservation requests with our Engineering and Front Desk departments as to prevent this from happening again.

If there is anything I can do, or if you would like to discuss further, please feel free to reach me at the hotel at 817-885-8250.