“Pleasant surprise on the way west”

Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame
Book In Advance
More Info
$71.98*
and up
Half-Day Guided Best of Fort Worth Historical Tour
Ranked #33 of 158 things to do in Fort Worth
More attraction details
Owner description: A museum for rodeo lovers that contains pictures, videos and memorabilia of the life-style.
Michigan
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Pleasant surprise on the way west”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This spring we left Detroit for San Diego. We were not in a hurry and stopped many times. When we woke up in Oklahoma we asked the man at out hotel if there was anything to see other than the bombing memorial in Oklahoma city. He said there was a Cowboy Hall of fame on the way.

We sort of chuckled in the car as we drove, but as we got closer we said what the heck. We were glad we did and only wished we had budgeted more time. We only spent two hours, but could have spent another two. The facility is huge, the people were extremely friendly, the exhibits were fantastic and to top it off the restaurant inside was home cooked food fit for a king at very reasonable prices.

Take my word, budget time for at least 4 hours of wonderful exhibits and a beautiful facility.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank gkpwjr

Dumont, New Jersey, United States
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Who cares”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Unless you are a giant cowboy afficiando you're in the wrong place. Wasn't much of anything there and the hall of fame area was really disappointing.

Visited July 2014
Magnolia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“nicely done”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I love cowboys and rodeos, so this was a stop that I was very interested in. It was nicely laid out, and easy to see all the history of items and the different cowboys throughout the years. I would definitely recommend it !

Visited July 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great afternoon out”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

My significant other and I were looking for some fun things to do with the kids on a Saturday afternoon that wouldn't break the bank. We decided that the kids would enjoy the hall of fame because it's in the stockyards and what little boy doesn't love cowboys? It was very reasonably priced. My family of 5 got in for 15 dollars. Although it's not a very large museum we were able to spend a couple hours browsing around. The kids loved the wagon collection, and my 10 year old really enjoyed seeing the Santa Ana collection. We will definitely be visiting again.

Poole, United Kingdom
481 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 357 helpful votes
“Not what I was expecting”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I was looking forward to it, expecting to see photos, videos, memorabilia of famous 'cowboys' such as Roy Rogers, John Wayne, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Billy the Kid - both in real life and as portrayed in the movies but it was three or four long lines with sections devoted to champion rodeo riders that I haven't heard of and wasn't particularly interested in. The wagon exhibition was better although I can't help thinking that maybe a lot were 'over-restored' and more replica than an original. If you are on a tight schedule in Stockyards and have the choice of two, choose the museum unless you are into rodeo.

Visited April 2014