“Historic like so much here”

Cowtown Cattlepen Maze
Ranked #38 of 158 things to do in Fort Worth
Pensacola, Florida
463 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 262 helpful votes
“Historic like so much here”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were looking for the free parking NE of the stockyard but could not find the only good thing is our parking location required us to walk over the cattle pens. It was interesting to see and some were still in use for the cattle drive and rodeo. Again to real soak up the whole thing, you need to walk over the cowpens.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Grover R

• Korean first
Fort Worth, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“a part of history”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

remains of the old stockyards are right here in our back yard where we can waunder through them! Take the kids, its a tradition!

Visited March 2013
The Colony, Texas
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A fun detour to get lost and have some fun!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My buddy and I decided to do this maze since it was only $6 a person. We completed the maze in about 16 minutes. The maze was alot more challenging than what I thought it would be. You have to find four checkpoints throughout the maze to spell out the letters M-A-Z-E on a punchcard. This means you need to backtrack alot in the maze which leads to the confusion as to where you have and haven't been in the maze. There is a free observation area so family and friends can watch you as you navigate through the maze.

Visited May 2013
West Milton, Ohio
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Cheesy but fun”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Ok so running thru a maze made to look like a cattlepen sounds silly, and it is, but it was worth the $6 to run around trying to beat each other to the finish. You have a task while in the maze that you must do before you can exit (and you could exit without doing it but what's the point?). Then you can go to the observation tower and laugh at the poor souls still stuck in the maze. And the maze was in The Amazing Race.

Burleson, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Kinda cool but a little pricey.”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

OK its a pretty cool maze and its kinda difficult. My wife and my kids age 5 and 8 did this one after noon we took our time had fun took about 15-20 minutes maybe but I didn't time it exactly. The staff was friendly and the give the kids a small prizes at the end depending on their time to finish. It was a neat 1 time thing to do but I am not sure I would make repeat visits. Also we went in August and the heat is overbearing even with the mysters they provide and yes we have lived in Texas all our lives and still the heat is unreal in the stockyards in August. I think this would be fun in October or November and is worth trying once for sure.

Visited August 2012