“Decent food”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Arlington
“Decent food”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I ate at the restaurant recently on a night that they were busy but not quite full. I was seated immediately but there was a delay before anyone came to ask about any drinks or to explain anything on the menu. I selected the Kibbi and it was tasty and the portion was about right for me. Service was slow and indifferent. I may or may not return to the restaurant.

Visited December 2013

Fort Worth, TX USA
“Wonderful Lebanese food even after 35 years.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have had two fabulous meals at Hedary's in the last two months. The quality of the food is just as good as it was 30 years ago when I took my first bite. Even though there were only 3 of us, we ordered the full Maza and every dish was fresh and delicious. We cleaned every little plate. This is a perfect way to sample many dishes if you are not familiar with this type of food. Two of us shared an entrée; the Frarej. It is roasted chicken, tomatoes, potatoes with garlic, lemon and olive oil. It is to die for, YUM! I had the Kafta, ground meat seasoned with onion and fresh parsley and served on a skewer... 4 to an order so I got to take two home. It came with rice pilaf and fresh onions dusted with Sumak... Pure heaven! All this with ample servings of their house made pita bread, so good. As always, every ingredient they use is fresh and well prepared. Desserts are house made and great. We split the Shaibiet. Wow! tastes really good with Lebanese coffee.This is my favorite restaurant in Fort Worth. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“A Family Favorite For Over Thirty Years”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have watched the Hedary kids grow from being little ones bussing tables to managing the place. I introduced my wife to my mother here. The atmosphere is real Lebanese neighborhood family with all that entails. The frarej is reliably delicious - I have to force myself to order other things. We always get the batinjan mtabble. The flavor and texture varies, likely depending on who makes it. Usually it is delightful, sometimes, meh. The odds favor a great appetizer. The maza appetizer sampler is a great traditional way to have a taste of everything. Be sure you have several people with you. They do great with lamb, dolmas, shish kabobs, humus m'lahm and more. If you want a polished commercial restaurant experience you may not get it at Hedary's. If you want to enjoy a genuine Middle Eastern family restaurant where you can have a good visit with your companions and a solidly enjoyable meal, I recommend it.

• Visited April 2013
“for the price I've had better”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I went with my family and had dinner. It was busy but not overly crowded. The service was ok but we had to ask for water refills. The food took a long time to prepare but when it arrived I really enjoyed my fish. Since my daughter is lactose intolerant/vegan she only ordered hummus...which turned out may have had yogurt even though we asked before ordering. My son had something that was akin to a wrap or sandwhich...he wasn't thrilled with it. All in all the experience was ok not great, however, I was shocked when the bill arrived. I was the only one to order a full meal, my son had his wrap, my daughter had hummus, just water...$65+ before the tip. Very pricey. There are other Lebanese restaurants with good food but less expensive.

• Visited April 2012
Hedarys, Manager at Hedary's, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
I am very sorry that your experience at Hedary’s was less than wonderful. I would like to begin by assuring you that our Hummus is vegan. We make it with very simple ingredients: garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt and garlic. And I would like to apologize for your bill total. From the information you have given me, your total should not have been more than $33. I believe you were overcharged somehow. I would be more than happy to correct this for you. Please send me a personal email to: hedarysrestaurant@yahoo.com. My name is Liliane, I am the manager. I will work out the refund for you. I also hope that this mistake will not keep you from eating at Hedary’s again. We appreciate your business.
Fort Worth, TX
“First Visit”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I finally visited this restaurant after hearing a great deal about it. We both enjoyed our meals. We both had the hummus which was served with piping hot pita bread. There seemed to be a lot of regulars at the restaurant that night, most of whom were on a first name basis with one of the servers. Overall, not a bad meal and we might return.

• Visited January 2013