“A Family Favorite For Over Thirty Years”
Review of Hedary's

Hedary's
Ranked #701 of 1,604 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have watched the Hedary kids grow from being little ones bussing tables to managing the place. I introduced my wife to my mother here. The atmosphere is real Lebanese neighborhood family with all that entails. The frarej is reliably delicious - I have to force myself to order other things. We always get the batinjan mtabble. The flavor and texture varies, likely depending on who makes it. Usually it is delightful, sometimes, meh. The odds favor a great appetizer. The maza appetizer sampler is a great traditional way to have a taste of everything. Be sure you have several people with you. They do great with lamb, dolmas, shish kabobs, humus m'lahm and more. If you want a polished commercial restaurant experience you may not get it at Hedary's. If you want to enjoy a genuine Middle Eastern family restaurant where you can have a good visit with your companions and a solidly enjoyable meal, I recommend it.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I went with my family and had dinner. It was busy but not overly crowded. The service was ok but we had to ask for water refills. The food took a long time to prepare but when it arrived I really enjoyed my fish. Since my daughter is lactose intolerant/vegan she only ordered hummus...which turned out may have had yogurt even though we asked before ordering. My son had something that was akin to a wrap or sandwhich...he wasn't thrilled with it. All in all the experience was ok not great, however, I was shocked when the bill arrived. I was the only one to order a full meal, my son had his wrap, my daughter had hummus, just water...$65+ before the tip. Very pricey. There are other Lebanese restaurants with good food but less expensive.

Hedarys, Manager at Hedary's, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

I am very sorry that your experience at Hedary’s was less than wonderful. I would like to begin by assuring you that our Hummus is vegan. We make it with very simple ingredients: garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt and garlic. And I would like to apologize for your bill total. From the information you have given me, your total should not have been more than $33. I believe you were overcharged somehow. I would be more than happy to correct this for you. Please send me a personal email to: hedarysrestaurant@yahoo.com. My name is Liliane, I am the manager. I will work out the refund for you. I also hope that this mistake will not keep you from eating at Hedary’s again. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I finally visited this restaurant after hearing a great deal about it. We both enjoyed our meals. We both had the hummus which was served with piping hot pita bread. There seemed to be a lot of regulars at the restaurant that night, most of whom were on a first name basis with one of the servers. Overall, not a bad meal and we might return.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I fell in love with Hedary's at first bite! We loved the subtle flavors, fresh herbs, and the variety offered in the appetizers. I have had Mediterranean food at a variety of restaurants, and this tasted like food made with love. We also enjoyed the family photos on the walls and the wonderful music. Our waitress let us know that her parents had opened the restaurant when they arrived in Fort Worth from Lebanon in the 70s, and that all of the recipes were old family recipes directly from Lebanon. We ordered two appetizers, the variety plate and the Sujuk, and were more than satisfied!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

A party of six attempted to dine there last night. After a long wait, seated at the table, we ordered appetizers and drinks. The sugar container had been filled with salt. When we complained, we
were told they were having problems with that. Then we had to request to order our dinner.
We did finally order and 20 or so minutes later, the waiter returned to inform us that the chicken would take an hour to cook. We felt like that if the oven wasn't working, maybe we should have been told when we ordered. One of the party presented a 50% off coupon for their dinner.
Is that why we were treated with really bad service? What service they used to have had really gone downhill. Hope you get better service than we did.