“Western, classic style real good, really now.”

Lonesome Dove Western Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Lonesome Dove Western Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,633 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main and Exchange Ave.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a tribute to my wife, why because, I abhor "celebrity", she introduced me vicariously to "famous Chefs" and though chefs is French , for Chief, the " Lonesome Dove in Historic Ft Worth is certainly not in that category, it does not pretend or disguise what it is, what it is is a Fusion of the ideas of the owner chef and all the team, from bus boy to server to the maitre de exhales the virtue of fine dining without ever losing breath

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This place is great! The first time I went I ordered a New york Strip and you can order any size that you want so I ordered a 24 oz strip...the waiter was amazed and admitted to having a man crush on me which I thought was hilarious! The steak was prepared perfectly and all of the sides were delicious. The next time I went back I ordered a 24 OZ Buffalo rib eye which was unbelievably good. I had never had Buffalo steak and i can tell you that i will be getting that every time i see it available on any menu! Th appetizers are great, we had Elk sliders and duck egg rolls. Sides were mac and cheese, fried spinach, and mashed potatoes...all very good. Plan on making reservations!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The elk sliders were truly a delight.
The lobster hush puppies were suprisingly chock full of lobster (very little corn meal)
The jalepeno margarita is a must have
My wife and I shared the Tomahawk Ribeye. It was a good quality steak, though somewhat over priced for the value.
All in all a really nice expereience when visiting Fort Worth.

1  Thank Michael O
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Truly one of the best dinners we have had. The elk sliders and the elk main course were both excellent as was the squash soup. In fact, every dish was special.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

When my husband asks where I want to go when I want to celebrate something, I always say Lonesome Dove. We've been here 4 times now, and every time the food is excellent. The service is always good. They don't fawn all over you, it's more laid back than that. Some might expect more of an upscale vibe due to the prices, but this is Cowtown, we're casual around here.

The elk sliders are a never miss for us.