Cabo Grande
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food was good, pizza way bigger than expected and staff were friendly and attentive. I really enjoyed the make your own pizza option. The seats next to the windows were great for people watching, but the booths were roomy and comfortable.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Bad experience. The food was bland and sub-par. The Cuban rice was gross. I will never, ever eat there again. I wish I would have listened to the other bad reviews.

I went there with a Living Social voucher and I was only given partial credit for it. They would not allow me to use it towards two cokes that were purchased along with the food. I DID NOT PURCHASE ALCOHOL WHICH I WOULD EXPECT TO NOT BE COVERED.
And what really made it bad was it kind of ruined my birthday.

2  Thank Jim G
Reviewed August 21, 2013

For downtown Fort Worth / Sundance Square Mexican options, Cabo Grando has fabulous drinks but sub-par eats. To backup a bit, this wasn’t always so. Once upon a time (about 2 years ago) their menu was small and chocked full of excellent traditional dishes like down home beef enchiladas, and chicken enchiladas with Chihuahua cheese. Then they underwent new management, expanded their bar (a good thing), but simultaneously shifted their menu to this “Latin / Mediterranean” theme (a horrible thing). That’s fine for California, but not for Fort Worth, Texas. Instead of old fashioned refried beans and Mexican rice, everything now comes with black beans and plain white rice…not good. Considering tacos or burritos? You’re better off with Chipotle or Freebirds, and you’ll pay half as much.

They still have tasty fajitas and good chips and salsa, but the rest of their dishes and menu are now seriously lacking. If you’re going to go to Cabo, I would only recommend three times: Happy Hour on Monday – Friday from 2-7 PM or Sunday Brunch from 11 AM – 2 PM, or the weekday lunch buffet. They do have above average margaritas that are “maximum strength” for only $4.00 at happy hour. “Average” nachos also taste better when they only cost $3.00. But if you are looking for good Mexican food outside of those specified times in downtown Fort Worth, you are better off with Mi Cocina or even Cantina Laredo (which is sadly just an overpriced fancier version of El Chico). If you want really great Mexican food, head to the Stockyards for El Asadero, Esparanzas, or even Joe T Garcia’s. Or head west to Uncle Julio’s or Salsa Fuego.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Thanks to Cabo Grande (and Henry) we had a great bachelor/bachelorette dinner!! The food was great and the pitchers of sangria, margarita and beer keep everybody full and happy. They were ready for our group and the timing on the food delivery was perfect. Everyone, even my grumpiest had a blast. Thanks for the great service!!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I went to Cabo Grade for the first time with my Husband we loved everything about it the atmosphere was unique,the pictures on the walls and decorations really catched our attention,the food was great we had the Habanero Aligator was amazing not to Hot and not to Sweet!! for dinner we had the Parillas for two was a mix of grilled fajitas and we added a lobster tail was delious!! and ofcourse dessert we had there famous sopapillas!! Thank you Cabo!