“Wonderful food - Nice atmosphere”

El Rancho Grande Restaurante
Ranked #169 of 1,892 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed September 13, 2017

Everyone was very friendly! When they found out it was our first time the manager made sure to welcome us and make sure that we had hot chips. By the way, their chips are like nothing you have tasted in a restaurant before. Taste like homemade chips. Cheese enchiladas were amazing!

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank jpoehlein

Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

Went with family who are regulars. Waiter was so great! Had the burrito it was okay. Chips were warm which I like. Salsa is fresh but seemed like it was missing something. Their corn tortillas were some of the lightest I have ever had. Could not stop eating them with butter on them!

1  Thank jl924
Reviewed July 15, 2017

Joe T's may have a bigger reputation and a pool, but this joint has the food. Old-style Tex-Mex done the way it was meant to be. Every dish is distinct. (Some other places it all tastes like it came out of the same pot.) The combo with a beef enchilada and a soft cheese taco says it all. You'll see at least one order on almost every table. Great chips, medium hot sauce, delicious soft corn tortillas. Mexican tile everywhere: floor, walls, tables, ceiling. Stick with Mexican beer.

1  Thank Kirk W
Reviewed July 12, 2017

I have been happily eating here for over 40 years. It was excellent the very first time, and I am glad to report that nothing has changed. The chips are light, airy and fantastic. My family's favorite are the beef enchiladas. The service is always outstanding, the food consistently delish and consistently so. This is the real deal for those seeking authentic Tex-Mex and a Fort Worth institution.

Reviewed June 4, 2017

When we find ourselves in the stockyards area of Fort Worth, it's a treat to have lunch at El Rancho Grande. My wife has been going there for more than 20 years when she used to work in the area and I only get to go occasionally, but it's ALWAYS delicious.

Family owned and in business since 1948, the service is not only attentive and fast, but it's friendly and personable. They know my wife by name and she knows most of the waitstaff who treat us like friends.

On this visit, she had the "Soup and Chalupa," and I had the Carne Guisada tacos. Total bill with the mandatory (on my visits, anyway) praline, was $24 and change, including tax. We didn't have tea, just water with lemon.

The food was terrific, as it always is. Served hot and plenty of it. Fresh flour tortillas -- not store bought here. The Carne Guisada is my favorite..I almost wanted to lick the plate. I'd like the salsa to be a little spicier, but it's always tasty.

If you're an out-of-towner (or a local!) and in the stockyards area, THIS is your restaurant of choice--NOT Joe T's, unless you want bland food on a nice patio.

The food, the family atmosphere, and the super service make this restaurant FIVE stars!

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank Propellerhead76

Been to El Rancho Grande Restaurante? Share your experiences!