“A Black Friday Tradition”

El Rancho Grande Restaurante
Ranked #147 of 1,604 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Our family, usually around 20+, have been coming here for 33 years on Black Friday and no one ever dares suggest another mexican restaurant as an alternative because we all love it. Brenda and Debbie have been so gracious to us and the food has always been delicious. I always order the Special Mexican Dinner w/ tamale, cheese enchilada, beef taco, rice and beans and my wife always has a 1/2 order of beef fajita nachos. This is true TexMex and at its finest IMHO.

1  Thank Wes J

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I love Mexican food - this was my first trip to El Rancho Grande - the chips are warm and fresh from the fryer - I just KNOW they are very bad for you but wow oh wow, did they taste yummy. The combo plate (cheese enchilada, taco, rice, beans) on the lunch menu was very reasonably priced - good service, the iced tea was delicious and did I mention the chips?
Come early - parking can be challenging as this place is pretty popular.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Understand we have lived and eaten in the Fort Worth area since the 70's. In the 70's and 80's this place was great. I just bought dinner for 35 people for my son's wedding rehearsal dinner. It has aged with lots of wear and tear, and they won't update it. The chairs are so old, I thought some would fall apart. Some things were good, such as the fajitas are excellent. But everyone who ordered chicken enchiladas gagged. They have captured the unique flavor of year old canned chicken with dishwater-tasting sour cream. They still get a good crowd on weekends, but this place is a big thumbs down on quality. I was embarrassed to have spent almost $600. bucks on such poor quality. Again, some things are still good, but overall it is a risk. Service was pretty good for such a large group. Margaritas pretty fair.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

The food is ok. It is not great and it is not the worst I have had either. There are other places to eat that are better.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

This restaurant has been around for awhil, but is consistently good.. I've never been disappointed in the perfect, prompt service. The food is always fresh; the chips are thin, homedmde and delightful. Salsa has little heat and is a complement to the chips. Highly recommend this restaurant!