“Popular, and with good reason”

Los Molcajetes Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 1,791 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed December 24, 2017

Located in a strip mall, and with little to separate the menu from any other Tex-Mex joint, it is nevertheless worth the 20-60 minute wait at peak dinner time. The chips are exceptional, and the bar tender took the time to mix margaritas to my specification. The brisket tacos were excellent, and with the exception of the carnitas (disappointingly dry), the other dishes ordered by our party all passed muster. Four dinners and 11 large margaritas came to $141 plus tip. Would do it again.

Reviewed December 19, 2017

I love mexican food and try different restaurants as I travel. I had the Chile Relleno, and it was very delicious. Filled with meat/cheese, and melted cheese on top, and the pepper had just the right amount of heat. It was served with rice & beans, which were average. Chips & salsa were good. The menu is kind of pricey.

1  Thank PBA A
Reviewed December 18, 2017 via mobile

I had to take my wife to this place. The last time I was there it was heaven. This time I ordered cheese enchilada and chili relleno. My wife ordered beef fajitas and a tamale. First off the service was excellent no sought. I personally did not like the tamale there was plenty of filling but there was a clove flavor I did not care for and it could of used a bit more salt.
The fajitas were loaded high. Excellent cuts of roast grilled and flavored to perfection. It came with lots of extras and was well worth the price. I ordered the chili rellenos. I was taken back to my grandmas home. I will continue to make it the number one place to stop for Mexican food.
I told her look at the line wanting to get in on a Sunday. They did not disappoint.

Reviewed December 17, 2017

We enjoyed our visit here. Good service, very nicely flavored food. Chips must be home made and are very good flavor.

They were very busy but had no trouble keeping up with service. Not bad atmosphere. The dining areas are split up a bit so as to keep the noise level down compared to so many restaurants that are one big room.

Reviewed December 4, 2017

WOW... best in DFW for sure...

This was a random, last minute Friday night call... once we got there we had to wait 20 minutes (another good sign)... and WOW was it worth it...

What I liked- service was fast, staff was really friendly - and the food came out of the kitchen really quick and was HOT!...
Lets talk prices... INEXPENSIVE - 'Cheap Eats' for sure
Food Quality- GREAT
Choices... so many...(and that's a good thing, we are going back soon).

What to expect... on busy nights expect to wait. They have a small bar for enjoying a Margarita (big selection of drinks)... and the restaurant is big... so the crowd moves quickly.
Expect the prices to be low and the food quality very HIGH... this place was great.

Things i want to clear up about other reviews... I didn't get the Chips were extraordinary (but Par)...but the Salsa sure was delish... and the Queso sauce is outstanding...

Fact is... this is a great family joint with all the choices you need to have something different every time you go... portions are huge (took home my first togo box this year)

WELL DONE LOS MOLCAJETES.... you've earned the DTAIJG badge from me.