“Friday night fight”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,744 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Prime Seafood. The Gulf Coast menu features lots of seafood - oysters, gulf snapper, fresh tuna, lobster, plus great prime steaks and chops. Expect a hip and high energy dining experience. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, Tartare of Pacific Ahi Tuna , and our famous Maryland Style Crab Cake. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections. Reservation Confirmation Message: Thank you for choosing Eddie V's Prime Seafood. Should your plans change, please let us know. We look forward to serving you.
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

I used to live upstairs from this joint. For 8 years, management has had their top waiter, Jacob Caywood, always assigned to my table. His Uber professional friendly service takes our dining experience to new heights. The food is decent though my fish recently was a bit over cooked, and that was quickly remedied. Wine has a 2.5 markup that is reasonable given the elegance inside. When we were accosted by a group of drunks outside, manager Darren Povero jumped in and handled the situation with panache. Though lamentably owned by Darden (huge corporation also owning Olive Garden and Capital Grille among many others) they have skillfully kept my favorite Fort Worth waiter, Jacob.

2  Thank Chuck N

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Taking advantage to the restaurant week with some friends, we experienced what I expected. Dinner was a very pleasing event. We have dined at several high end restaurants in Fort Worth and in my view Eddie V's, in several aspects, exceeded their competitors. Room for improvement does exist. The dessert that was ordered offered cookies which were not there when desert arrived. When brought to the attention to the staff, apology was given and situation corrected. However, the cookies brought to our table were burnt. Again, staff apologized and fresh ones delivered. As minor as it may seem at the level of Eddie V's I believe this should not have happened. Also, when our split checks arrived there was a complete mix up with several items occurring on the wrong bill. After several attempts to correct we paid our bills and settled the discrepancy between ourselves. The food experience was above most. My filet was cooked perfectly and my wife's salmon was also perfect. The best dish was the bananas foster cake. Sweet, moist, slight crust on top and just wonderful. The experience was overall wonderful with humor and apologies from the staff. We will look forward to returning for an exceptional dining experience.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

We went to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were greeted by name by the greeter, host, and waiter who gave my wife a personalized birthday card. Small touches like that make a big difference. The lobster bisque was fantastic and the steak and lobster both were cooked to perfection. I am not fan of potatoes-au-gratin but, at my wife's insistence, I tried them and found that even they were good. I wanted Bananas Foster so my young son would see the preparation, but my wife wanted something different. So, to accommodate both, the waiter brought her dessert... and set it on fire. It was excellent and showed great attention to detail and desire to satisfy the customer. We will most certainly be going back.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

Okay this is a place we visit regularly and it never disappoints. Happy Hour in the bar from 4-7pm. Music begins at 7pm. On this evening we had the following taste delights. Eddie's Rockefeller oysters broiled with spinish and artichoke fondue panko bread crumbs. Angels on Horseback oysters seared wrapped in prosciutto with fig glaze and Parmesan. Followed by Tartare of Pacific Ahi Tuna with curry and sesame oils, avocado, mango and citrus. Next Kung Pao Style Calamari with roasted cashews and crisp noodles. Last but not least Jumbo Lump Crab cake with spicy chile remoulade. Of course, there were a few martinis also and fabulous deserts of Chocolate Godiva cake and Bananas Foster. Finally espresso Thank you Lindsay for being such a great server and to Eddie V's for helping us celebrate 51 years. Yikes! . .

Reviewed August 5, 2017

Eddie V's made our anniversary dinner a special night. We were greeted with congratulations and shown to our table decorated with rose petals and a card. This was a very lovely gesture that was very much appreciated.
Our server Paul was warm and friendly with a caring professionalism. We will definitely ask for him next time.
A big surprise for the night was on the wine list - a wine from a small growing region in Australia near where I grew up - Tyrell's Hunter Valley Semillon. We have just returned from there and were so excited to see this. Very Impressive!
The food of course, impeccable. My husband had the melt in your mouth and I opted for the norwegian salmon which had an amazing crust on it. Our side dishes of brussel sprouts and the au gratin potatoes were amazing.
Dessert and coffee completed our meal. The coffee is so good I had to ask Paul what it was. It's a proprietary blend made especially for Eddie V's. That's the level of detail that will keep us coming back!

1  Thank Alibri67