Greenwoods German European Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #90 of 1,743 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2016

I have had German food in Germany, Switzerland and numerous cities in the U.S.; this in my opinion has to be the BEST. They have taken the few dishes on the menu and created some of the most wonderful tasting German food you can find in the DFW area. The place is not overly big and noisy like some German restaurants around this area; the owners are wonderful people and more than will to answer any questions you might have. If you love German food, you have to eat here.

1  Thank B52Gunner

Reviewed December 20, 2015 via mobile

Stopped on here last night because I had a craving for some good German cuisine. We were very happy we did. The place is small and quaint. The wait staff was busy with other customers so we went ahead and found ourselves a table. We were taken care of pretty quickly. I ordered the pork schnitzel with mushrooms and my fiancée ordered the potato soup. Both dishes were very well prepared. The schnitzel was fork tender and very tasty. The potatoes were very good too. I had to order a side of red cabbage, but that was very good as well. The potato soup was very good too. They are closed Sunday and Monday. The dinner prices were reasonable and they have weekly specials which look really good. I'm looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed November 12, 2015 via mobile

Very good German food. He makes everything!! He is an official cake master, so he makes his own cakes as well. Best European cakes I've ever had.

Reviewed October 18, 2015

Tired of the big chains? Here's a real jewel of a restaurant near the cultural district of Fort Worth. The owners are great people and the food is wonderful! Excellent sauerbraten and schnitzels but don't miss his spatzle. It's wonderful! I'm not usually a fan of German cuisine but Greenwood's has become one of our regular stops.

Reviewed October 4, 2015

We read great reviews about this restaurant so we choose to eat here for our craving of German food during Oktoberfest. This is definitely "The German" restaurant I highly recommend. The food exceeded our expectation and our waiter was very friendly. Chef Peter really knows what he is doing. According to his wife, he made the spaetzle himself from scratch, and boy, it was delicious. We were served pretzel bread while waiting for our food, and the bread was gone within 3 minutes! So yummy! We ended our feast with black forest cake and apple strudel, both of which were to die for! What a great dinner.

1  Thank natlehtx