“German food at it's best!”

Greenwoods German European Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #116 of 1,556 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Euless, Texas
“German food at it's best!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The first time I ate at this restaurant I brought a German student for dinner. I wanted to get his opinion on the food and if it was par to the food he eats at home. Friedrich ordered Schweineschnitzel Paniert (breaded pork loin) with mushroom sauce and Spatzle, I ordered the same. The dinner portion was huge and delicious and Friedrich agreed with me but said it was much better than what he eats in Germany! Dessert was apple strudel and served warm just right and not too sweet. The husband and wife team renovated the restaurant recently and I've been there 4 more times! Lunch portions are smaller and less expensive. The split pea soup and the red cabbage are one of my favorites! Guten Appetit!

• Visited October 2013

oklahoma
“German Goodness”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My belly is very happy after eating Greenwood's authentic German food. My sister and I were cheerfully greeted at 5:00 for an early Saturday night dinner. We shared both the Schweinschintzel and the Brawtwurst plate. It was excellent and then made more excellent by a cherry strudel. Although the atmosphere is simple it was comfortable. Go treat yourself to a tasty meal that is reasonably priced.

• Visited September 2013
Arlington, Texas
“excellent authentic German food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've been to Greenwood's 3 times before.. every time the food was excellent. I've lived in Germany for a year,and travel to Germany several times a year. I know my Schnitzel. Considering the use of American ingredients ( real German flour, butter, pork..even the water, are different!) , Greenwoods is by far the closest to the real thing. decor is simple , clean. I highly recommend Greenwood's!

• Visited May 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Greenwoord's - Authentic German Cuisine”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

There are very few places in Fort Worth that feature German food and this is by far the best I've found in Texas. The chef/owner trained in Germany and it shows in the authenticity of the food. Be sure you check the restaurant's web site to review the menu selections and hours of operation. Note - they are closed on Sunday/Monday and are only open for lunch on Thursdays and Fridays. Greenwood's offers $10.99 specials on Tues, Wed, and Thurs nights. Check the website for details. One thing that especially set Greenwood's apart was the desert. My wife and I each had the dessert special for the night - a champaigne glass filled with a fruit sauce that including strawberries, blueberries, cherries with a vanilla sauce - it was terrific. I can't wait to try their other desserts. With regard to reservations, I think it would be a good idea on Saturday nights and perhaps Friday.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank mcm5404
North Texas
“A German gem tucked away near TCU”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was delighted to see this little restaurant open on Bluebonnet Circle, just a short drive south of I-30 on University Drive, past the TCU campus. Owner chef Peter Gruenewald prepares food that is just excellent. The decor is simple and clean, and the service is carefully managed by the owner's wife, Vlatka. In over 8 visits with various family and friends, all of whom were grateful to discover Greenwood's, everyone in my party has always experienced superb German meals. In some biergarten style places, the food can be heavy and almost a caricature of German cuisine. At Greenwoods you will find the real deal. The owner chef uses local Texas farm produce to make tasteful and tasty classics such as schnitzel, sauerbraten, and bratwurst garnished with mouthwatering sauercraut, red cabbage, and home-made spaetzel, a favorite noodle side dish. The menu is not huge, so you won't be bewildered by choices, and it includes a variety of meats, salads, home-baked breads, child plate choices, and superb beers by bottle or on tap (including one of my favorites, the Spaten Optimator). The chef prepares daily specials with seasonal local farm products, too. And the excellent desserts include an apple or cherry strudel that will permanently erase that painful grocery store bakery memory.

I've been able to eat here on a lower carb binge, too, by sticking to the kraut and red cabbage along with a simple and delicious baked chicken or roasted pork loin.

www.greenwoodsgerman.com/menus.html

If you visit Fort Worth or live in the area, you are in for a treat when you drive south on University to Bluebonnet Circle and experience some of the best German food in Texas! And that is no small boast. Guten Appetit!

• Visited June 2013