“Very nice staff clean and convenient”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown
Ranked #30 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We stayed in this hotel weekend of TX & OU planning to go back and forth to the Fort Worth Stockyards and then Joe T's for dinner. They did not care how many times you went out on the shuttle. Hotel was very clean beds firm but comfortable. Breakfast downstairs in the lobby in the morning. The shuttle driver Chris was the best, always told you how long to pick up and nothing was a problem for him. Check in and check out was a breeze. There is a Texaco station next door with most items for incidentals you might need by accident. Easy access to downtown and also freeways.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 7, 2010

I stayed here for two nights for a training in downtown Fort Worth. The staff was very friendly and helpful and kept the place very clean. The free hot breakfast was plenty of food and selection (eggs, biscuits, gravy, sausage, cereal, yogurt, and baked items), though the only fresh fruit is bananas. The coffee and juice were also good. I had booked a non-smoking king but there were none available at check-in so I was given a 2 queen non-smoking. The room was clean and quiet with a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The beds are firm but comfortable and while small, the bathroom was clean and everything in perfect working order (also water gets really hot if you need it). Free internet was nice and the view of downtown at night was a bonus. I enjoyed the hotel and it has some of the nicest staff I can remember. The location is great for getting downtown in minutes or onto the freeways and the shuttle will take you within 3 miles. I would recommend this for anyone in town for business or that needs a nice, clean place for a fun trip to take in downtown and Sundance Square.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Raptortx1
Reviewed April 15, 2010

This hotel is immaculate. It's very modern with LG televisions, granite baths, and a varied hot breakfast. Parking is free and the location can't be beat. You can jump onto I-30 right around the corner. Special thanks to Adam at the front desk who helped my family secure adjoining rooms.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank hmorgan13
Reviewed October 25, 2009

I stayed at this property for two nights at the end of September 2009. There was a conference I was attending at the Omni across from the Convention Center. I decided to redeem Priority Club points for this stay and feel that I was able to obtain a nice room for 15000 points a night. The parking was slightly odd, but free, and I had no issues with it. I did not try the pool or the fitness area, nor did I try the business center as all I needed was the free high-speed wi-fi in the room. I think they had wired internet capability in the rooms, too.
The check-in experience was good. Still getting used to the trend of using little lectern-looking podiums for checkin instead of a traditional desk, but that's fine by me. Like others have said, I found the shuttle service to the quick and responsive except for one afternoon when it was not available because the driver called in sick and they had no replacement driver. For my purposes I walked back and forth from the Omni hotel for my convention, but one day it rained and it was great to have the shuttle make the quick drive with a friendly driver.
The elevators are slow but it's not a terrible issue. I try to use the stairs to at least descend if not go up to my room depending on how high my floor is or if I have luggage. When I tried to use the stairways, they had confusing access to the lobby and only to the outside through alarm-activating fire doors.
I did not use housekeeping service as I rarely do for stays less than a few days, so cannot attest to their thoroughness. My room was immaculate upon check-in, beds and bathroom. No complaints at all other than the bathroom was a bit small, the door coming closer than an inch to the toilet.
The breakfast was standard Holiday Inn Express fare, nothing more nothing less. Great cinnamon rolls as always. Strong fresh coffee as always. Decent toaster.
My view was nice, so I'd recommend if you want a view of downtown Ft Worth instead of the highway that you should request it.
Also, bear in mind that this property is a renovation, apparently of a former assisted-living facility or apartments for the elderly or somesuch. This is not an issue as the renovation was total and complete, but it lends a bit of an institutional layout instead of the usual newer Holiday Inn Express hotel layout.
The access to the interstate is close and only a little bit convoluted. Getting off at Lancaster and getting to the hotel is easy. It's a bit harder to figure out the immediate access from the hotel to the interstate. Being downtown, there's many other access points and other interstates very close by.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank KYknowitall
Reviewed September 18, 2009

We booked this hotel through Hotwire and stayed 1 night. We were expecting to be in Sundance Square this hotel isn’t and there is not much around it nothing you could walk to. However we did get a really good deal. The hotel looks reasonably new and the room reflected this, it was very contempary decorated and lovely and clean. The breakfast was good with lots of it. There was free internet although we didn’t use it and free parking.
The best bit was the complementary shuttle that took you anywhere you would like to go. We took it to Sundance square so we could have dinner. We went to the saucer for dinks and then to a Mexican both were fun. Slightly disappoint with Sundance Square expecting to be an actual square with lots of shops and restaurants rather than blocks making up a square. There is an Embassy Suites which we were able to use the phone to get the shuttle to pick us back up a great service by both hotels.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2009

My wife and I spent the night here while visiting Fort Worth for the weekend. We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It looks like Holiday Inn is really updating their appearance. The lobby was very nice, they offer a free hot and cold breakfast and they also have free wi-fi.

The room we stayed in was a King Suite and it was very spacious, it had a king size bed, sitting area with a sofa bed, desk and a large LCD TV.

This hotel also has an indoor pool and fitness center, although we did not use those facilities. Overall this is a very nice hotel and I would stay there again.

FYI: The beds are very hard.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Hotel staff is extremely unfriendly and not willing to help the guest. Check out one of the other hotels in the area that provide great customer service.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends