“Treated Like A King!!”

Ranked #28 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Granbury
“Treated Like A King!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed here during my high school reunion and was treated like royalty. All of the staff, not just some, made my wife and I feel like we were old friends and I can't say thank you enough. Lots of hotels have rooms but few have this great a staff. Stay here. You will be glad you did! I am.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This hotel has it all if you are looking for a great get away that is budget friendly. The location is safe and convenient to the interstate as well as downtown Fort Worth, Bass Hall and the stockyards. The rooms are VERY clean, comfortable beds and pillows, with fridge and microwave, coffee maker and a nice view of downtown Fort Worth. It also has a nice breakfast and pool for the kids to unwind. This hotel has it all except for HGTV. But don't worry, there are close to 60 other channels for you to watch and you are not in your room much anyway, right? The lobby is clean and the staff is courteous and helpful. There is also a shuttle service for you to reserve as needed. There is ample parking undercover as well as outside. I have seen it listed as a two star but would give it a three star. I will definitely stay here again! The rooms are plenty big enough for 4 people. This is an excellent bargain for all the amenities, but if you are looking for luxurious resort type amenities, this one is not for you. It is one of the nicest Holiday Inn Express Hotels! Be sure to grab a warm cinnamon roll in the morning!

Room Tip: Ask for room on upper level with view of downtown Fort Worth!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your excellent review. I can't agree more on the value received at our Hotel here in the downtown area. As a TripAdvisor user when I travel, I know future travelers will also appreciate all the feedback you have provided. Wishing you many more enjoyable trips!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed at this Holiday Inn for the TX GOP state convention. I had my husband, two children, and two small dogs with me. The room was small for the 6 of us. For two people it would be fine.The hotel and rooms were clean. The free breakfast was nice. The hotel shuttle to the Fort Worth convention center was great since, the parking downtown is terrible during the convention. The parking at the hotel is limited. The hotel was booked so, if we moved the car, there was no guarantee we would have a spot when we came back. So, I did not move my car and took the shuttle. My biggest problem with the hotel is that they do not have room safes. Every Holiday Inn I stayed at has a room safe. So, I expected it this time. I brought some jewelry with me. When there was not a safe, I had to take it with me along with other valuables. That was annoying. This is not the best holiday inn I have stayed at, but for the reason I was in Fort Worth, it worked.

Room Tip: There are no room safes in this hotel. Use the shuttle when the hotel is book. Also parking in Fort...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
anestho,

Thank you for choosing our hotel while here for the TX GOP convention. We're glad that the convenience of the shuttle worked well for you especially with the influx of 10,000 people here for the Convention. I know it is not as convenient as an in-room safe, but we do provide safety deposit boxes at the Front Desk. We can also hold items for guests in our Back office should the item not fit in the safety deposit box as an additional option. The majority of our parking is at the back of our Hotel, but we do also offer a large lot across the street as another option for our guests.
Kind Regards
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Staying here on a busy weekend, the prices were boosted to high in my opinion, and not reflecting the standard of the hotel. The rooms was nice and clean, but very cold both room and bathroom. The other areas of the hotel was not so clean, the elevator reeked of vomit, and the pool area was not clean at all, even as we came in as the cleaning staff left. The breakfast staff did not manage to keep the breakfast stocked, but, it was a busy day. The best thing at this hotel is the shuttle service, which was very good, not much waiting at all.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hi Arnt 78,

On the weekends or during times of high demand our prices can be driven higher than "normal", but Hotel rates in general shift just like Airline or Gasoline rates. If you are able, it's always best to book as far in advance as you can and/or to contact the Hotel directly to see if there is a negotiated rate for your Company/Event that your are in town for. I do apologize that you experienced some cleanliness issues during this busy weekend. Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your review with my Teams to shift schedules for additional property rounds during very busy weekends. We do hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Fort Worth.
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We like the location to downtown and restaurants and the fact that there is a shuttle to these places. The driver was friendly and willing to share her knowledge of the best places to eat. The rooms are quiet, clean and comfortable.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GWandCD
San Antonio
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed for 1 night on our way home from a 3500 mile driving adventure. What a wonderful respite before heading out the last day of driving for home. The bed is so comfortable, and although the hotel was fairly full, you didn't hear a sound from any of the rooms around you OR from the outside -- we were right off of I-30, so that could have been very disturbing. And the hotel has a free first-come-first-serve shuttle that will take you to within a 4-mile radius. We chose to visit and dine in Sundance Square. Love that area!!! Complimentary breakfast is quit satisfying in the morning, too. Staff is helpful, friendly, efficient, polite. Wonderful place to stay and rest up.

Room Tip: Be sure to pick up a card for the phone number for your return shuttle ride. The drivers are deligh...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Booked an express deal for $97 on Priceline and got this hotel. It was a solid hotel for the price. Good breakfast, nice indoor pool/hot tub, and great central location. The evening front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. We got a room with a king bed and it was really small. They had some much stuff crammed in there you could hardly move. Elevators were the slowest I have ever experienced. If your are not hauling luggage, you will get to where you are going much faster by using the stairs. Although its technically considered downtown (North of I+30) there is nothing in walking distance. Lots of shady characters wandering around the back of the hotel and hanging out at the gas station next door. A/c and exhaust fan in bath were extremely loud and the sink had very little water pressure. All in all I feel I got my moneys worth, however I probably would not book this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family