“Not the best not the worst.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown
Ranked #28 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Nacogdoches, Texas, United States
“Not the best not the worst.”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Okay so to start with I should state that I was there during some renovation. And I was awoke ridiculously early to the noise. The room wasn't bad and was fairly clean except for the hair still in the towel rack. The hotel shows a picture of the pool for their trip advisor page yet it was quite lacking. It was 3 1/2 foot in the deepest section. And when I was there the hot tub was cold. It wasn't the worst hotel I have stayed In but if I had it to so over again I wouldn't be staying there.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

What a nice clean hotel. A smile and welcome to the area was a very nice added feature. Room was as usual large, with 2 double beds. Lovely tidy outside the place. Breakfast was very good a good selection of food. Very helpful staff, friendly atmosphere. A joy to stay for 2 nights.just a bit out of the beaten track but fine otherwise.

Room Tip: Try for the front
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
New Iberia, Louisiana
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Super clean hotel with a very friendly and helpful staff. The price was excellent and the shuttle service just made it over the top. Why spend the big dollars to stay downtown when you can shuttle there and back in less than 5 min for a reasonable price. Great hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Boncaca
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Boncaca,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here with us. I hope we made you feel as nice as this review makes us feel. By the way, not sure if it's coincidence but I love your seasoning! Happy travels and "laissez les bon temps roulez"!
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 days and we were impressed with the quailty of service and cleanliness of this hotel,granted there were some construction going on outside,but it didnt bother us,the rooms are so clean,loved the fact that there are microwaves and fridges in the rooms,there is a convience store right next door so we bought our snacks and drinks there and stashed them in the fridge.The HOT breakfast every morning is just what we needed to get our day started!!we used the FREE shuttle service that took us to the shopping and food areas,Terri and Andrew were awesome with thier knowledge of the area around the hotel!! we will definantly stay here everytime we are in the area!!!

Room Tip: ask for extra pillows,they are kind of small
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sherrieyates
Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was the closest one to the race venue a friend and I were running the next day. It was easy to find and I knew it was close to I-30. There was no traffic noise so it did not wind up being a problem. Yes, they are remodeling the hotel, and yes, there is limited parking right now because of it. We were able to park in front of the hotel, but there was parking across the street. The street the hotel is on is not so busy that you'd have a problem going from the parking lot to the hotel if you had to park there. Now, the elevator was a little slow, but not that bad, but it was pretty warm. But you are not going to stay in the elevator so it was no big deal. The room was great. Very clean with a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The beds were comfy. The bathroom is very small, but I don't care about that either. It was clean with lots of towels and toiletries. When we checked in, they had cookies at the reception desk. Later on, there was lemon/blueberry water in the lobby. That was a very nice treat. There was breakfast in the morning from 6 - 9 (what we were told by the front desk) and we were able to take advantage of it. There was a free shuttle. We needed to go to Montgomery Plaza for our race and the shuttle took us there and picked us up so we wouldn't have to deal with parking. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The only downside to the whole visit was after leaving the hotel. I had booked it using some reward points. Well, come to find out after I got home and checked my account, they charged me for the room. The person who checked me in or maybe out didn't see anything that indicated it was paid in full. After speaking to a manager on duty and explaining, she said I would have to get with my rewards program and get them to straighten it out. To make a long story short, after talking to her manager, the other manager on duty did discover the area that had that information (apparently it's in a secret area) and did credit my account. In the meantime, because I used my debit card as the "in case of incidentals charges," my checking account was charged a pre-authorization room amount and the actual room amount - something I wasn't expecting. Moral of the story, use a credit card and don't assume anything. But they've been really nice about it so I can't get too upset.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank EastTexan23
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your comprehensive review after your stay with us. I appreciate you sharing your positive impressions about our Hotel in general as well as sharing your opinion on some of the challenges we are currently facing that come along with an expansion. I’m glad our Hotel’s location, amenities and service were enjoyed by you and your race buddies. I hate to hear your stay ended with a billing error, but I’m glad it was quickly remedied and if you’d like to provide more details regarding the error please feel free to contact me so I can follow up on any possible training issues. (817-698-9595) We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.
Austin
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed at this Holiday Inn Express last weekend and it was one of the worst hotel experiences I have had.

Simply put:

By downtown, they mean right off of the highway and within a 1 mile drive of the "real" downtown.

There are about 10 parking spaces on property due to the remodel. So, if your car is 2' wide or you happen to arrive at 3pm and never leave, you will easily find parking. Anyone else (by yourself, your bags, your kiddos), will have to cross a busy 4 lane un-lit road without a crosswalk. You also just have to trust that the Mason's are ok with you parking in their lot.

The elevator is a dinosaur. And by that, I mean, it is slow and probably has tiny arms. We stayed on the third floor and finally and frustrated, decided to take the stairs, only to find the stairway led outside the hotel, causing us to have to walk all the way around the outside of the hotel (and around the scaffolding/parking lot/trash ) to get back into the hotel.

The outlets don't work. The desk phone didn't work.

Imagine yourself walking into a "downtown" hotel at 11 pm, after walking across a busy dark road with your teenage daughter by yourself, waiting, and waiting and waiting for an elevator and then when you get to the room to complain, being completely unable to get power for your cell phone and picking up the 1992-called-and-wants-its-phone-back desk phone and finding out it doesn't work.....I couldn't check out of that hotel fast enough.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Shesajen,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the problems you experienced while staying with us. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I was extremely happy with my two-night stay and have rarely encountered friendlier people in the hospitality business. I used the shuttle service once and was impressed by Andrew's level of service. Sunday morning I walked down and asked the first person I saw if there was a coffee shop nearby that I could walk to. Philip thought for a second and said, "I'll drive you to Starbucks". I declined his offer but was amazed at his desire to make me happy. My room was also equipped with a very nice shower head that had good pressure. My only complaint was the parking was pretty awful due to hotel renovations.

• Stayed August 2013