“Great place to stay.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown
Ranked #38 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night to visit TCU. Not familiar with Ft. Worth. Loved the hotel shuttle! Took us to Sundance Square and picked us up! Forgot my phone charger, no problem borrowed one from front desk. When checking out asked if I could borrow an umbrella. No problem! Took the umbrella back after the tour. The employees went above and beyond!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Jmooo
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Jmooo,

Woohoo! Thank you so much for the recommendation and the 5 star rating on all categories. I'm glad we were able to provide you with a charger and umbrella when traveling adds these additional road bumps. I remember assisting you and hope that you and your son enjoyed the TCU tour. Happy Travels!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were in town for 4 nights and didn't want a rental car so we chose this because of the free shuttle within 3 miles. That would easily get us where we needed to go. They were so accommodating in taking us places and picking up promptly. The breakfast is very good although predictable. Fortunately by the 4th morning, we had another egg choice. The server seemed surprised when I told her every other morning had been the same. Excellent cinnamon rolls though!! The rooms were nice but walls a little thin. One night, we had to complain to the manager about noise next door. They did handle it promptly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

SeasonedALtraveler,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate all feedback as it allows us to grow as a hotel and provide a better experience for our guests. I'm glad we were able to provide an easy option and added value in not having the additional expense of a Rental Car. Thank you again!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I am an avid traveler. 3 times if not more a year, extended stays. I make an annual convention in Fort Worth. I stayed here LAST YEAR and fell in love with this hotel. It has great staff, always friendly and nice. Great clean rooms. Pool is nice.One shaky elevator . Free parking, free(except for tips) shuttle. Someone said shuttle takes you 10 miles? as of last year and this year they stated it only went 3 miles...hmmmm. My only complaint, and it was a big one that changed my mind and made me leery....the shuttle service. Shuttle ran 2 vans last year. I went home and bragged to all my friends and told everyone to stay there. Get here this year, and only one van with a full house of guests. we had a group of 11 and waited 1 1/2 hours, (I'm not exaggerating) to go out to eat after sitting for an 8hour convention. last year there was a waiting list.The clerk would keep a mental list of how many and who asked first.This year,people being rude as they are, just jumped ahead of others on the shuttle. The clerks made no effort to keep order of arrival. Spent everyday dreading the shuttle service. Our convention offered free parking, should have taken it. Ruined an otherwise great hotel stay. So be sure and ask about this service. Especially if your visiting at a crucial(wedding)or busy time. Last time was better. It MIGHT be better next time. Do I want to take the chance and be mad everyday, don't know yet.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank RoseFan4Life
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear RoseFan4Life,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. Our efforts are always to ensure our guests are satisfied and our hotel is maintained to be comfortable while you are with us. It is great to know you liked the room and the pool. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you had with the shuttle service. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is your basic Holiday Inn Express - which for me, means a good, decent, place to spend the night. Lobby area is updated. Staff were friendly. Breakfast area was not terribly small and the usual Holiday Inn Express breakfast was good. Free parking - if the main parking is full, there is another parking lot across the street.

The really good:
Free shuttle within 10 miles of the hotel - you just have to let them know a bit in advance where you want to go and can call to have them pick you up to go back to the hotel. The drivers were friendly. Great service! We attended a wedding at the Botanical Gardens so this service was very handy to get to and from the wedding.

The not so good:
I'm a Platinum member of Priority Club Rewards and did not get anything other than a free small bottle of water my first night. I had hoped for a bit of a room upgrade and booked far in advance. A family member booked after me who was not even a member of Priority Club Rewards and she got the same type of room on a higher floor - I would consider a higher floor more desirable for the view.

The fan in the bathroom was really, really loud to the point of being down right annoying.

But even with the shortcomings, I would stay here again if I need to be in downtown Fort Worth.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sea-lon-sf
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear sea-lon-sf,

Thank you for being a Platinum Priority Club member and for staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time leave a comprehensive review, highlighting the bad and the good. We are sorry we fell short on letting you know why we chose a particular room for you, there are normally methods to our madness but please don't hesitate to call down or let us know at check-in of any particular preferences you may have and we'd be happy to meet those needs should occupancy allow. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Good:

* The staff is quite friendly and helpful.
* Wifi works well (after issue below)
* Clean room and lobby

Bad:

For a 2 day stay:

1. Desk chair did not adjust - had to be replaced
2. Coffee maker did not work - had to be replaced
3. TV remote barely works - probably needs batteries
4. Half of 4-slice toaster in lobby has an out of order sign (!) Says to use the left side only. The left side barely works. Nice person working in the breakfast area said they were having trouble getting a new toaster. (Good thing the air conditioning works).
5. Wifi password code printed on the key envelope was wrong. I think it was from previous week

As an Intercontinental Ambassador member, I stay often in Holiday Inns and Intercontinental Hotels, and the Holiday Inn Express. Just a few days ago I was telling a friend how consistently good the Holiday Inn etc. has become in the last few years. Not this one, however.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LeoStone

Dear LeoStone,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Though we are pleased that you found the staff helpful and the rooms and lobby clean, we are disappointed to hear about the issues you had during your stay.I assure you that your experience is out of the norm and I am glad that faulty items were quickly replaced. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would love the opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.
Again, we thank you for your feedback and value you as an Ambassador Member.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our sales team meets often at this Ft Worth Holiday Inn Express. This visit was made special by a young lady named Andrea Poston. Ms. Poston was extremely nice and polite. I was caught in a situation that required the use of the Business Center. The printer was not working and Ms. Poston kindly assisted me in printing the presentation that I was working on for the following day's meeting. She is great at greeting people and making us feel welcome. Kudos to Andrea!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Art N
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed here 4nights in June 2013 to see the sights and museums of Fort Worth and Dallas.

There was some major building work going on at the hotel which didn't trouble us but the whole place was wrapped in scaffolding so it looked like a building site. Once inside everything was fine. Very helpful staff, clean and well equipped room and good quality complimentary breakfast.

The best thing was the free shuttle which will take you anywhere within 5 miles and the drivers were knowledgeable and friendly. All the Fort Worth museums are a short ride away and getting to Dallas was very easy on the TRE train. Traffic was pretty heavy so it is not necessary to have a car.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Swankie
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Swankie,

Thank you for making the trip across the pond to visit the Fort Worth area! We want to send our gratitude for you taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fort Worth-Downtown. We all take great pride in being able to serve our guests so I have shared your review with our Team and we are pleased that you were pleased! We do apologize for this temporary "industrial-look" while we are completing the additional rooms on our 6th floor, but we are thankful you were able to recognize it's what is on the inside that counts!

Safe Travels to You and Yours!