“Service is what this place is all about.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown
Ranked #25 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Austin, Texas
“Service is what this place is all about.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

A group of 10 of us stayed here on a recent trip to Ft. Worth. We arrived by Amtrak (wonderful way to travel) and stupidly rented two vans. Why so stupid? Because this place has a van that would have picked us up at the station and they took us everywhere we needed to go after we arrived. We were on the go constantly during our stay so we kept them hopping. As for the two rental vans, they sat in the hotel garage the whole time; we even took the hotel van back to the train station.

This hotel is wonderfully clean and the staff treated us all like royalty. The breakfast here is included in the rate. It was your average serve-yourself breakfast fare, but there were plenty of choices. I’m not a pancake eater, but many in our group loved the pancake machine. Just push a button, wait a couple minutes, and perfectly cooked pancakes drop right in your plate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank DannyMac13
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
DannyMac13,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here at the Holiday Inn Express Fort Worth/Downtown. It's always a delight to hear our guests have been able to enjoy their experience here with us at the Hotel as well as out and about in our phenomenal City of Fort Worth. (I'm not a pancake person either, but I have been caught by it's mesmerizing wonder as well...definitely a crowd pleaser)
Thank you again! It was our pleasure to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

A group of 10 people went for the weekend of 3/2-3/3/13. The best part of the Hotel is the Great service you get form all the employees. The shuttle will take you anywhere in Fort Worth and the group of drivers are the most accommodating I have ever seen.
The rooms were nice and very clean and we got a late check out at no extra cost.
We are already plannig another trip there and will only stay at this hotel

Room Tip: Call and make reservations rather the going on the website
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jerry S
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Underwhelmed by this particular H.I. Express. It is also overpriced, IMHO. The facility appears to be a make-over of some other hotel chain. Older building re-do. Clean, good front desk staff, nice breakfast area with the usual breakfast items for H.I.E. But - the room was small, the a/c unit a bit loud, the vent fan in the bathroom definitely loud. Just not up to what I've come to expect from the H.I. Express chain. Unless you just have to be on this side of Ft. Worth downtown, the Towne Place Suites is the best option for price/quality in Fort Worth downtown area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear John_crudeoil,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service as well as the cleanliness of the hotel.It is unfortunate the AC unit in the room prevented you from fully enjoying your stay at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last weekend when I was in town for the Cowtown Marathon. It was less than 2 miles to the expo and race start, so it was conveniently located. Overall, I enjoyed my experience at the hotel. The lobby was nice and had a good breakfast in the morning. There were also cookies and coffee out in the afternoon and evening. The pool and hot tub were nice and the fitness room looked good but I didn't use it. One side of the hotel faces the road and it can get a little loud, so if possible ask for a room that's not facing the road. Also, the walls are a little thin as I could hear my neighbor's TV late at night but I called the front desk for help and they addressed it. The staff was friendly and housekeeping did a good job. Our room had a fridge and microwave which was a nice touch. I wouldn't say the room was luxurious but it met our needs. The hotel has a free shuttle that travels within a few miles of the hotel which is a nice touch if you don't have car. However, if you are traveling from the airport I recommend renting a car as the cab fare is $50 or more just to get to the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't face the road.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Woodbury, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

The last time I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express is wasn't pretty! This hotel however was nicer than the nearby Sheraton!! This hotel had been recently updated, which I heard from a local that it really needed it.
Lobby--very 70's chic decor, clean
Staff-- amazing!! very helpful, accommadating!
Rooms, wow, clean, updated, fridge, microwave, nice beds,(not the most comfty but nice)
Bathroom, small but clean
Shutttle was amazing!! I was there for a huge convention. I would call and would hardly ever have to wait. Took me a to a shopping area one day that they recommended.
Free breakfast, (not the best but better than nothing)
Free wifi
Late check-out

I went to the Sheraton with a couple of other colleagues and they were complaining how dirty their room was, hole in the wall etc.

If Holiday Inn is updating all their hotels like this, I will definitly be staying at this brand for future travels!!

I'm getting tired of the large name brand hotels and being nickel and dimed for wifi, breakfast etc with standards of quality being lowered for the high price.

Welcome back Holiday Inn!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tamjomc
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We are so pleased to hear the positive feedback about your recent stay! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your Hotel of choice when visiting Fort Worth. I will ensure your kind words make it back to each department and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed here during a convention dowtown Ft. Worth and was pleasantly surprised. Nice clean rooms with very comfortable beds. Hotel had shuttle to convention which was very convenient . The hotel is affordable compared to the high priced hotels near convention center. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Graham, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel is newly remodeled and is very stylish. I blocked 17 rooms off for friends and family to stay at this hotel. The staff was awesome and the complimentary shuttle took us all everywhere we needed to go to celebrate my husbands 50th!!
I stay here everytime I need to be in this area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Valerie0178
Valerie0178,
Thanks so much for sharing your positive feedback about our property! We are delighted that your Family and Friends were able to join your celebration here in Fort Worth and that we were able to accomodate the needs for your group.