We stayed here for 2 nights as part of a tour of Texas and Lousiana.
It was an excellent place to stay with comfortable rooms, large bed and clean quality bedding and big fluffy towels. There were superb touches like cookies and coffee provided free of charge and also a big drum of refreshing fresh lemonade – all free.
The free toiletries were lovely and there was an excellent hairdryer, a microwave and a fridge.
I really enjoyed my stay here and the sleep quality was excellent.
The air conditioning was slightly noisy and if only we could have opened a window for FRESH AIR it would have been far better!
The lifts were slightly slow in a morning when they were moving large numbers of cases out from tour groups.
Breakfast is complimentary and although a bit ‘junky’ there was quite a lot of choice: waffles, omelettes, pastries, scones, porridge, toast – but all on plastic throwaway plates with plastic knives and forks.
The main problem for us (I have a slight walking disability) was the location. It most certainly is NOT ‘downtown’ – it is a mile or so away from Downtown Fort Worth. The Hilton would have been better located for us. The Holiday Inn do, to their credit, run a free shuttle service within a 3 mile radius which includes the Stockyards (great fun place to visit) but if they are busy you have to wait and that is not really great in the middle of Fort Worth.
There was a statue of JFK being unveiled while we were there – 49 years after he spent his last night on earth in the Fort Worth Hilton!
There’s a great bookstore in central Fort Worth, well worth a visit for browsing and with free nice restrooms.
There is no evening restaurant at the Holiday Inn and we ate one night at Razzoos in central Fort Worth and the second night at Rissky’s BBQ in the Stockyards which was the cheapest and possibly best meal we had all holiday all in all!
I would recommend the hotel for absolutely everything except the location but if you enjoy a brisk walk then it is fine. The little extra touches made it a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel in Fort Worth, TX boasts a convenient downtown location. Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Fort Worth, Texas, our hotel is less than a mile from the Fort Worth Convention Center and close to several area businesses and attractions. Families will enjoy staying at our downtown Forth Worth hotel while they explore everything that this famous Texan city has to offer. Sundance Square is less than a mile away while the Fort Worth Stockyards, local museums, the Fort Worth Zoo and the Botanic and Japanese gardens are just a few miles away. Just a short drive from our hotel TCU, Six Flags Over Texas and the Texas Rangers Stadium are a few more of the many Fort Worth attractions nearby. Ideally located near XTO Energy, Pier 1 Imports, Radio Shack, D.R. Horton, JPS and the Medical District and numerous other businesses, our hotel in Fort Worth is perfect for business travelers seeking lodging in Fort Worth. Whether you will be attending meetings at a local business or the Fort Worth Convention Center or you choose to host your own in the spacious meeting rooms, our downtown Fort Worth hotel offers everything you need. During your stay, be sure to enjoy a swim in our indoor pool and whirlpool or a workout in the fitness center. You can surf the web on the free high-speed Internet and eat well every morning at the free hot breakfast bar. Check out our great Fort Worth hotel deals and book your stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Fort Worth
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites