This 'Inn' was vastly superior to the Crowne Plaza that I had the displeasure of staying at directly beforehand. This hotel was pretty neat and modern - it looks like Holiday Inn Express is punching above its weight.
The room was spacious enough for the price and very clean. Whilst I didn't partake in breakfast, it was offered, along with complimentary lemonade in the lobby which was a simple, nice touch. The location is very convenient (only 1 mile to downtown) and very easy to drive around.
The girls working at the desk were all lovely and friendly for e.g. in helping me change my room (because I asked for the wrong bed config - thanks Andrea!), giving me a new key card (because I locked myself out - thanks Lena!), and selling me snacks at an absurd hour in the morning (because I was tipsy and hungry - but .. I forgot your name, sorry... ).
Even the cleaners had a sense of humor. After preparing a coffee in my room I noticed that the other 3 packets were all decaf, so I left them sprawled out on the table. When I got home I checked and the cleaners had swapped them all for full strength coffee - 5 packs - crammed into the holder. I was very grateful.
The only small issue I had was that some of the powerpoints didn't work - but this wasn't a big deal since there were plenty of them.
I'm hesitant to give any hotel a 5-star review, but in reality after staying at 8 different hotels in the past month, this is about as good as it got for me for the price range. Jolly good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel in Fort Worth, TX boasts a convenient downtown location. Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Fort Worth, Texas, our hotel is less than a mile from the Fort Worth Convention Center and close to several area businesses and attractions. Families will enjoy staying at our downtown Forth Worth hotel while they explore everything that this famous Texan city has to offer. Sundance Square is less than a mile away while the Fort Worth Stockyards, local museums, the Fort Worth Zoo and the Botanic and Japanese gardens are just a few miles away. Just a short drive from our hotel TCU, Six Flags Over Texas and the Texas Rangers Stadium are a few more of the many Fort Worth attractions nearby. Ideally located near XTO Energy, Pier 1 Imports, Radio Shack, D.R. Horton, JPS and the Medical District and numerous other businesses, our hotel in Fort Worth is perfect for business travelers seeking lodging in Fort Worth. Whether you will be attending meetings at a local business or the Fort Worth Convention Center or you choose to host your own in the spacious meeting rooms, our downtown Fort Worth hotel offers everything you need. During your stay, be sure to enjoy a swim in our indoor pool and whirlpool or a workout in the fitness center. You can surf the web on the free high-speed Internet and eat well every morning at the free hot breakfast bar. Check out our great Fort Worth hotel deals and book your stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Fort Worth
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites