All reviewsfree shuttleshuttle servicepancake machinehi expresswithin a mile radiussundance squaretrain stationmicrowave and fridgehotel shuttlebreakfast areawater pressurewould stay here againnice staybooked this hotelshower headcomfortable hotelhotel staff
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I was torn between a rating of Very Good and Average. The personnel at the hotel push this over the line to make this Very Good. The hotel is as conviently located as any othe hotel in Ft. Worth, so that's not an issue. The parkng is free and that's a plus. The only complaint that I have is that the housekeeping staff doesn't pay attention to the details of the rooms. For more than a 1 night stay, you only get one bottle of shampoo and one box of Kleenex and the housekeeping staff will NOT replace either if you are out.

The front desk personnel are very nice about the inconvience, but that really doesn't matter. The guest has suffered through no shampoo in a shower and limited, if any, Kleenex. I was there for 3 days and I didn't receive any additional shampoo or additonal Kleenex during that time. The hotel has some very positive attibutes that the poor attention to details by the housekeeping staff distracts from.

Bring extra shampoo and Wal Greens is close by for additional tissue and those are good suggestions since the hotel is remiss in supplying same to the guests. The hotel shuttle and the location are pretty nice, but there is as much positive as negative to this place. Will I stay there again?? I guess I would have to say maybe. I am certainly not a definite yes, but the hotel rate is decent and the other closest hotel is much more. Even though I am a Platinum Ambassdor, I would have to think twice before returning to this hotel. I like shampoo and Kleenex in my room.

Room Tip: Bring your own shampoo and Kleenex
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

678855,
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback on your stay. I would have to say that I am equally torn. With a 4 out of 5 rating overall it appears that you were pleased with our staff, location, and convenience, but I apologize that we missed the mark when it came to the housekeeping details of restocking your amenities during your stay. This is certainly not the level of service we typically provide. I do hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again so we can tip the scales toward that "Very Good" direction.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

We recently stayed two nights at this hotel for our son's wedding. Jenn and the rest of the staff were extremely helpful. The hotel had a shuttle that took us to events (and we had many). They made sure we got there in time and made us feel welcomed. Jenn especially went out of her way to inform us of events in the city, directions to places and made this stay one of the easiest, less stressful places we have ever been. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kathy751
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Stayed here for a conference where I worked 2 very long days and the staff were incredibly nice. They went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and that I had everything I needed (i.e. had the free shuttle waiting for me, called me a cab too, asked me if there was anything I needed in my room, and most importantly noticed when I was exhausted and asked me if I needed anything to make my rest better). Rooms are clean and new. Nice hotel, awesome staff!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank flamenkita88
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I wouldn't normally choose a Holiday Inn Express on my own. This hotel was booked by my company's secretary for a business trip/meeting. I had low expectations and I am pleasantly surprised. The property has recently been refurbished, it seems. The room is clean, simply yet modernly designed and the staff is excellent. The common lobby areas are inviting and up-to-date. Very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank germatt2
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Stayed as a respit on our way to San Antonio. Nice hotel right off I35. Easy off and back on. On the negative, the parking lot is a little tight, the bathroom had a fan that was so loud you felt like you were standing behind a jet, and the elevator was impossibly slow. But if those are all the negatives, you are doing pretty good. Lobby was very nice. Pool was very nice. Rooms were very nice. And the free breakfast was just fine. Definitely a good stop.

Room Tip: Stay on a lower floor as the elevators are very slow
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family