“so-so”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have wanted to like Rio Mambo, but we've been about 4 or 5 times now, and it has never gotten much beyond the point of mediocre. The food is a bit pricey and although I've tried several dishes, nothing has ever been all that flavorful. Margaritas are lacking in alcohol and clearly made from a not very good mix. Chips and hot sauce salty but otherwise tasteless. The dining room is hot in the summer and freezing in the winter. Service is decent but with so many better restaurants out there, it's not enough to bring me back again.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

One of the best Tex Mex we have ever had. Very different menu, but very reasonable...unless you go at happy hour when it's dirt cheap with chips and a nacho/ quesadilla plate included at no charge.
The bar tenders are a show by themselves. But still are attentive.
The service is exceptional.
We were passing through on the way to SC, but we will stop on the way back for sure.

1  Thank dennis l
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I went there with a customer who swore this place was amazing. The bar scene is very busy and they do good drinks but I wasn't knocked out by the food. It was fine but maybe I was overhyped or picked the wrong things.

Good wait staff and the prices are reasonable.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The big favorite amongst our group was the brisket tacos and the chicken quesadillas. The service was very good as well.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was in Fort Worth for a business trip. I came in here at the end of a long trip to get some comfort food. Boy was I disappointed.

The queso was inedible. Gelatinous, flavorless. I consider screwing up queso to be high crime.

The Mexi-tini I ordered was weak and watery.

The chipotle chicken was totally boring. Not bad, but not noteworthy. Atmosphere and service were "meh".

1  Thank Htownmark