“Fantasic Mexican”

La Playa Maya Stockyards Restaurant
Ranked #254 of 1,585 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Skip the tourist favorite of Joe T. Garcia's and walk the additional 5 blocks to this place. Amazing food - the place was jam-packed with locals. We will definitely go back if in the area again!

There are newer reviews for La Playa Maya Stockyards Restaurant

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were trying to get into Joe T's, but it was the week of the Colonial and it was packed. We drove a few blocks down the street to La Playa Maya, where there was not only no waiting, it was near empty.

I don't know why. The smiling server seated us and brought us chips and a pretty good salsa. We split the combo fajitas, and I thought they were nicely grilled with vegetables, and good tortillas. I ordered extra pico, de gallo which went well with my beef and chicken. Service was friendly, quick and the portions pretty good.

I would go back.

1  Thank J P
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Wife and I eat here a few times a month and always have a pleasant experience. They always get our special orders right, too. The food is great and reasonably priced, the beer is cold, and the staff is attentive. Some of them are a little short on English, but they still get the job done. Oh, and they remodeled within the last year and installed some booths. Placed looks really nice. Highly recommend!

1  Thank DanNowlan
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Food is nothing special but good margaritas. Went there for happy hour and dinner. Place looks cool and is very clean.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Most of the other reviews of this place are pretty fair. The food is generally pretty good but not drive-30-minutes-delicious—we go when we're already close. The hot sauce (which is of critical importance to me in a Mexican restaurant) is good but mild. Thankfully, there's little to no cilantro to give it that fresh, soapy taste.

The staff is usually pretty pleasant, but English is typically their second language (if they speak it at all). Atmosphere and decor are nice, especially since they remodeled a couple months ago. At the end of the day, this restaurant really is pretty good; it's just not the kind of place you'll likely go out of your way to visit. Still, I guarantee the wife and I will be back.