“Genuine Mexican w great taste at a great price”
Review of Benito's

Benito's
Ranked #766 of 1,604 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Definitely a Ft Worth institution and rightly so! Excellent tasty Mexican - my tacos had a great flavor without being heavy handed on seasonings or thr other alternative - bland. Good food, good price and relaxed family atmosphere

1  Thank StarrPerry

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have been going to the Magnolia Street location of Benito's for 20 years, and it is a restaurant that I crave frequently. This is NOT Tex-Mex, it is traditional Mexican home cooking. So don't go here if you want tacos and enchiladas like Taco Bell. The service is OUTSTANDING, most of the staff has been there the whole 20 years I have been going. The Guacamole is top shelf, fresh, chunky, and some of the best in the world. I just eat it with a fork and not chips. The Mexican salsa (pico de gallo) is freshly prepared and has just the right mix of jalapenos, onions, tomatoes and cilantro. The fish ceviche is Fresh and has great ingredients, and some of the best I have had anywhere. Makes a great meal on a hot summer day. The chicken and rice soup has tons of tender pulled chicken meat and is comforting and flavorful, has fresh cilantro and onions in it. The "tacos de puerco en salsa verde" is my favorite entree and I usually order extra to take home. My husband loves the chile rellenos, prepared perfectly and flavorful. There is ice cold beer on tap served in huge frosty goblets. The decor is bright and authentic, including a huge tree growing in the entryway. I would drive 50 miles to eat here!!! Be prepared that they don't bring out chips and salsa unless you order and pay for it, but I never miss them the rest of the food is so incredibly perfect. I HIGHLY recommend it. There is never a wait to get a table or booth but there are always lots of customers enjoying their meal.

1  Thank LegacyCare
Reviewed April 3, 2012

There are better places to eat and the service is not that great either.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We go regularly and have been for over ten years. They know us and treat us like family. Those who want free chips and salsa, what's wrong with the free tortilla soup (that I understand can be substituted for other soups). I cannot identify with the place especially one review above described. but it does not describe the place I know as Benito's

I have recommended it to our returned Peace Corps group as wonderful for good food, kind service, and opportunity to speak Spanish if you wish, and a chance to visit in an atmosphere where you can hear yourself talk. It is a long-time Fort Worth presence owned and operated by multiple generations of the same family.

1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This is NOT interior Mexican cuisine and most importantly it is simply not good. Much more "tourist strip" Tijuana than Mexico DF, both in ambience and food style & quality. I would not recommend this place to anyone with discerning taste or who is aware of what real interior Mexican food should taste like.