“A taste of New Orleans”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #35 of 1,556 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
A TripAdvisor Member
“A taste of New Orleans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2006

We had dinner here twice while we were in Fort Worth. I'm from Maryland and I love Cajun cooking so I know seafood and this place has some great seafood.

During our first dinner here we had an Oyster Sampler that was outstanding. There were 2 oysters in a cream sauce, 2 of them were cooked with bacon, cheeze and spinach and the last 2 were broiled with bits of ham veggies on in. I usually don't like oysters but I ate my three and wanted more.

Then came the crawfish etouffe(sp). I had this dish in three places when I went to New Orleans and this was just as creamy and delicious as any place there, including Brennans! My girlfriend got these shrimp that were stuffed with cheese and chicken then wrapped with bacon. She said that they were outstanding.

We finished with a dirty pie with is a triple chocolate confection that was out of this world.

The second time we went there we had the crab and spinach dip, which was totally acceptable, but I've tasted better.

There she got the stuffed fried shrimp. The stuffing is bread crumbs, crabmeat and some sort of cream sauce. She loved it. For me I ordered three pounds of LA boiled crawfish. Now if you've had boiled seafood before this is a bit different. Usually boiling takes the flavor out of the food but here they boiled the crawfish in some real potent spices. I mean the spices when literally coating the crawfish, and boy was it good.

No lie I don't think I have ever had boiled crawfish as good as pappadeaux's, That includes anywhere in Louisianna.

To fish this off they had a carrot cheese cake which was pretty good too.

If you are looking for some cajun creole seafood when you're in Fort Worth this is a must place to go.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member