“A Little Bit of New Orleans in Fort Worth”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #39 of 1,608 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013

After leaving the excellent Fort Worth Zoo late one afternoon, my husband and I cast about for a nearby place to have dinner and found Pappadeaux's Seafood Kitchen, which has a focus on seafood and steak with a New Orleans flavor. We so liked it that we've returned several times for lunch. The food has been consistently good each time. I've had the baked half chicken, the filet mignon, and the blackened redfish. All were excellent. My husband likes the boiled crawfish and the alligator. One nice thing is that they have a gluten-free menu and they can accommodate dairy intolerance.

The restaurant has a large indoor seating area, a large wrap-around bar, and outdoor seating on a patio that has a couple of fountains. It is child-friendly and is often quite full of people having a good meal and a good time. The wait-staff is helpful and knowledgeable. Pappadeaux's has become one of our weekly lunch spots.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Came in for an early dinner, and there was no wait. Seated promptly in the Huge dining room. The waiter quickly took our drink and appetizer order, and soon this amazing, seemingly fresh baked baguette loaf showed up at our table. While I am a bread fiend, so any bread is good, this bread came out hot, a nice crust, and soft inside. The loaf disappeared like magic.

I was in the mood for Oysters, but mistakenly ordered cooked Oysters. Not what I expected, but excellent nonetheless.

My dinner date ordered the Chicken/Spinach pasta dish, and I had the Crispy Salmon/Crab/Shrimp dish. My brother also suggested a side of the dirty rice, which the waiter also brought out some of the scampi sauce, excellent suggestion, added some moisture and everything goes good with butter. Both entrees came out as ordered, quickly, hot and packed with flavor. With the bread, oysters, we were stuffed beyond words.

Overall service was attentive, but not instrusive. Food quality and timeliness was excellent.

With options for non-Seafood eaters, this is definitely a cant-miss if you are in town.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have been to BOTH Pappadeaux's in Fort Worth and Arlington at least 20 -30 times.( Also been to New Orleans Numerous times.)
ALWAYS consistent DELICIOUS well prepared food ! Hooked on the Soft Shell Crab done three ways ( you have to ask), Fried, Sauteed, and broiled, with a side of OOOOOOPaloosa sauce with meat ( seafood). For Lunch, Crayfish done three ways ( you have to ask).
Had poor service only once, and spoke to the Mgr, since I am an aficionado and was given a free desert. Speaking of DESERT ! BANANAS FOSTER CHEESECAKE . NOT on the menu. ASK. Salivating just thinking about it ! Its an OMG desert!
Service is usually predictable and friendly, efficient. Now and then there is a trainee. Be patient.
Its the closet you will come to eating in New Orleans if you cant there.
ENJOY !

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We ended a weekend with my mom, brother and sister-in-law with Sunday brunch to celebrate my Mom's birthday. Noithing could have been better. We started with tall spicy Bloody Mary's, split a wonderful Greek salad prepared table side, and sampled a whole variety of wonderful seafood dishes. My Mom said that her Chilean sea bass was the best fish dish she had ever had! I had wonderful soft-shell crabs that were perfectly pan-sauteed. The 3 crab option was too much food, but everyone else at the table delighted in sharing the left-over. We ended the meal with the lightest, but most decadent bread puddin' I have ever had. Souffle light, but wonderfully flavorful. I would encourage everyone to enjoy this experience.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The food was simply amazing! I ordered the crawfish etouffee and fried crawfish, my husband ordered the seafood platter, and our twins ordered off of the children's menu. There was SO much food! No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't even eat 1/3 of the food on my plate. the flavor and textures were amazing. My husbands seafood platter had fried food...not overcooked or greasy at all! I am tempted at times to just drive to Ft. Worth to eat here!