“Good Food, Loud Restaurant”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #35 of 1,565 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“Good Food, Loud Restaurant”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The food was good. Ordered the Trout and received a large portion. Cooked well.

We were here for a business meeting and at the beginning of dinner (around 6:30-7:30) the restaurant was conducive for great discussion, but as the place became busy, the volume increased exponentially. I understand that as places get busy, they get louder, I would recommend meeting here earlier in the evening if you want to be able to carry a conversation without yelling.

Our waiter was very attentive, funny, and prompt.

1 Thank Chris M

Calgary, Canada
“Hits all the high notes”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have few seafood restaurants I enjoy better for consistent quality food, and the value to go along with it. The location is superb, close to TCU and the cultural district just west of downtown Fort Worth, and the style, architecture, and relaxed feel of the restaurant all go a long way in creating a relaxed but almost elegant New Orleans atmosphere, and the the food has never let me down. Ever. You can go in almost any direction on the menu and they will deliver in quality, taste, and portions.

Visited February 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Good seafood”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Always enjoy stopping in. Good food, good service, varied selection and great place to see friends. Also, new location in Grapevine is just as good.

Visited November 2012
Green Cove Springs, Florida
“Ridiculously horrible service”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I'm generally very very patient and understanding with the food service industry and don't let a mix up bother me, but this outing was ranked as my second worst experience of all time!
I could type at length about this but will reduce it to a summary:
This was a Tuesday night. The waitress took over 20 minutes to take our drink order. Once taken we asked for straws. Those NEVER came. The appetizer NEVER came. The entree was completely an entirely different item no where even close to what was ordered. The manager came and gave a very insincere 'apology' and offered us free dessert. We were VERY kind and said, 'thank you, but no thank you.' (We are watching calories).......We were very 'understanding' and didn't expect anything more than the manager taking a more customer sincere concern, We left feeling that the managers only concern was to make sure the customer was not 'angry'. His concern was only to insure we were not irate?!

Fort Worth, Texas
“Excellent fare”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I'd argue that this might be one of the best restaurants in Fort Worth. I've only been here for a couple of weeks, but my family and I have been here TWICE because it is so good. Yes, it is a little pricy--but no more so than a splurge at Red Lobster.

The lobster is delicious--perfectly grilled, and lightly buttered. If you like raw oysters, these bad boys are some of the freshest I've had--almost comparable to Acme Oyster House in New Orleans. What's better, we lucked out and got them for 5.95 for a dozen (possibly a Tuesday night thing?).

Even the steaks are delicious. Cooked to perfection, not overly salted. If they were my steaks, I'd have marinated them; however, not everyone is a fan of marinades.

This place has fried alligator, too. It's just spicy enough to enjoy, and it is probably my favorite appetizer. Also "up there" is the fondue. The cheese "sauce" that they use is truly excellent. It tastes like it's boiled in a lobster bisque first, and then they dump in the mushrooms, cheese, crawfish, etc. Really good.

The service is great, too. I made it known on our first trip that this was our first visit to Pappadeaux, and the manager actually threw in some free desserts for all 4 of us as an incentive to come back. The creme brulee is the star of the dessert menu.

We will definitely be returning, but we'll save it for a weeknight. This place gets VERY crowded after working hours, and rightfully so.