“good time and food”

Riscky's Barbeque
Ranked #334 of 1,595 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 12, 2013

met up with my family and we enjoyed our time at Riscky's. Their BBQ sauce is very good, they have a full bar and a good selection of sandwiches & dinner plates. Everyone in our party was satisfied and I would return.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Riscky's 5 for $5 chopped BBQ sandwiches are a bargain. The location in Benbrook is where I visit most often. The sandwiches have just the right chopped beef to bun ratio that I like an are consistent in quality. Also I normally sneak in a smoked bologna sandwich because of the great smoked flavor.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had the best catfish ever..smoked on wood!
But my friends had the worse food! Very bad ribs!
Sticky tables too by the way.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Visiting from Pennsylvania, our friends who live in TX said we should definitely go to Risckys! They knew we would love it and they also knew my husband could handle the all you can eat ribs! We sat outside on a beautiful evening; the atmosphere was fun, our server was awesome and the food was great. My husband did get the AYCE ribs; I got the pulled pork sandwich and our other friends got other sandwiches (cant remember what-lol- something with ham I think) and they were great too! Our server was knowledgible in helping us choose since it was our 1st visit and he made the evening fun, They have really good sweet tea too- no surprise there! If you are in the stockyards and are looking for a fun place to eat with good food, I would recommend Riscky's! On an odd note - They also have one of the BEST restroom signs I have ever seen - I have attached the photo. Enjoy!!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

For lunch, I ordered Riscky's Famous Combo Full Smoker with three meats: bbq shrimp, brisket, and smoked sausage. Even though it wasn't officially on the list of available meats for the combo, I wanted to try their bbq bologna as my third meat, but I was told this wasn't an option. My combo also came with red beans, coleslaw, and french fries.

The menu said my combo was supposed to come with "red beans," but these definitely looked and tasted like run-of-the-mill pinto beans. The coleslaw could have used a little more pepper though. My french fries were standard frozen fries.

The sausage wasn't completely terrible, but it reminded me of Hormel or some other grocery store sausage. I added a little of their barbecue sauce to see if that would help things, but it just turned it into sweet Hormel sausage. The sausage was cooked very well, they just picked a really bad sausage to cook with.

My brisket was scrumptious and tender, and had a thick black crust on the edges. There was a decent amount of smoke to each bite.

The bbq shrimp were an enjoyable change of pace. There was a great flavor from the pit. The shrimp were slightly smokey and had just the right amount of sauce seared onto them.
Disappointing sausage aside, Riscky's Bar-B-Q is certainly worth a visit.

Read my full review, complete with pictures:

The Barbecue Fiend