“5 Star Restaurant with Smelly Homeless Guy in the Lobby”
Review of Reata Restaurant

Reata Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Reata Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,604 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Reata is a Worth Fort staple...I agree. I went there the other day and hey had a STINKY homeless guy in their lobby!!!! Talk about killing my mood for a romantic evening! Wow! After seeing and smelling him my whole experience was tainted. I can't believe they let him stay in there.

1  Thank cole8338
Write a ReviewReviews (1,379)

Reviewed February 15, 2011

I generally find this restaurant to be over-rated (not to mention the whole gang of self-trained "cowboy chefs"). Don't get me wrong - you can get some decent food at Reata and I love the decor/ambiance. If you're accustomed to mid-range chain restaurants, this place will blow you away. If you're accustomed to high-end dining, this place will leave you underwhelmed. The food isn't bad, it's just unimpressive and the presentation tends to be a little on the sloppy side, even for "rustic" cuisine. I expect more - and I can name at least 5 restaurants within the downtown area that are much better for the same (or, admittedly, slightly higher) prices. The waitstaff tend to be unpolished. Every time I've been here, I found myself becoming slightly annoyed by the level of service and/or cluelessness of the waiters. Usually, you'll get a serious "deer in headlights" stare when discussing the wine selection. They seem to hire young, pretty people who don't know much - I'm sure they're nice people, I just don't want "flakey fluff" or "ditzy dude" waiting on me in this kind of restaurant. Again, the service isn't horrible, just not to the level you'd expect. Overall, my dining experiences here have been slightly disappointing, which made me give Reata an "average" rating. To be honest, I'd give some hole in the wall dive joint a "very good" rating if they had this food and level of service, because it would come as a pleasant surprise. However, THE APPEARANCE AND HYPE OF REATA CREATE AN EXPECTATION THAT JUST ISN'T MET. My husband has frequently expressed the same opinion. We'll meet friends here, if they insist. If we're choosing the restaurant, we're going somewhere else. It's sad because the rustic elegance of the decor is so beautiful that I always WANT to like it more...

Reviewed January 25, 2011

It is a Fort Worth Staple. If you are visiting, this is the place to go. Whether it is to eat, drink, socialize or relax, this place will fulfill all your needs. The Chicken Tortilla Soup is the great! The outside and roof top bar areas are fun and entertaining.

Reviewed December 29, 2010

Great southwest decor. A wonderful place to bring out of town visitors for lunch or dinner. The service was fantastic! One of our guests was very high maintenance and the waitress was sweet and smiled through her myriad of special requests. For lunch I had the jalapeño and cilantro soup and the beef tamale. Both were yummy.

Reviewed December 12, 2010

Steaks are fantastic as well as their appetizer tamales. The restraunt is a little pricier than your average restaurant, but very reasonable for the quality of food. Great for holidays and special occasions.