“Magnificent.”
Review of Reata Restaurant

Reata Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Reata Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,591 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Several of my friends and I gathered together for an informal reunion and we decided to dine at Reata restaurant. The meal was absolutely magnificent. The hosting staff is friendly and attractive, the bar area is authentically Texan, and the meals are some of the highest quality Texan affair I've ever had. When we went, we got to sit at an extra large round table that had room for us to pass around all of our very large sides and share them. Quite a treat.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was expecting to be able to sit on the roof while dining at this establishment during lunch only to get there and find out that the rooftop is only open in the evenings.
Our server recited the entire menu, drink list and dessert menu to us (I am fully capable of reading, by the way). While he was nice, that was very unnecessary. We spent about 2 hours in the restaurant for lunch and we had several other things to do that day.
The food was just average. I ordered the chicken tortilla soup. I didn't ask what was in it and the only thing on the menu I would have wanted my server to tell me about was that soup. I didn't ask because I've never chicken tortilla soup that wasn't cream based before. This soup was NOT cream based, rather, broth based and it was gross. That is not my idea of fancy.
The margaritas were also very strong, according to the person I dined with.
There are many other restaurants in the area that are much, much better.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had such an amazing lunch at Reata for our anniversary weekend. Jeremy and the other waitstaff took excellent care of us. The food is delicious and inventive, yet the restaurant is warm and unpretentious. The prices are reasonable, too, especially given the quality of the food and the portions. What a great combination!

We started off with the elk sausage and jalapeno cheddar grits. The elk had a great texture and was loaded with flavor. The plate was spicy but not overwhelmingly so. The creaminess of the grits added a complimentary depth to the dish that really worked.

For lunch, I tried the quail. I was disappointed to have the grits again, but I really wanted the quail. It was a great choice. The quail was cooked perfectly and the bbq sauce had the right balance of tang and sweetness. The grits were a completely new experience with the quail.

My husband ordered the carne asade and enchilada. The steak was tender and the enchilada terrific. The guacamole on the plate (I made him give me some) was some of the best I've ever had...it's a tad salty, but it works in this case.

We enjoyed the apple crisp and cinnamon ice cream for dessert at Jeremy's recommendation. When it came out, we were surprised with happy anniversary written on the plate with hearts and other decoration. It was such a sweet gesture and such a sweet dessert. It's got a wonderful richness with all of the flavors, but it is very sweet. My couple of bites satisfied my sweet tooth quickly.

Overall, we really enjoyed our meal and our time at Reata.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

One of our favorite restaurants ... we love the atmosphere, food, waitstaff, ambience.

We usually go up to the roof, and enjoy the views. The drinks are always tasty, as is every dish we've tried. Tenderloin tamales, scallops, elk sausage ... all perfect. Our last visit, my partner mentioned in conversation that I'd just had a birthday, and our amazing waiter brought me a birthday dessert! They're always friendly without being overbearing, and have tried the dishes served.

We've been more than 10 times, including a wedding reception, and have always had an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Reata is on Sundance square in Fort Worth and one of my favorite places to dine in Cowtown! I've eaten there over a dozen times and it has consistently been excellent – the food (especially the Buffalo ribeye with cheddar grits!), the service (efficient, pleasant and courteous), and atmosphere (upscale rustic, comfortable and yet finely appointed with authentic western articles of interest) – all combine to create a 360 dining experience I never grow tired of. And, best of all....you don't have to break the bank to enjoy any of the many wonderful offerings on their menu.

When in Fort Worth, Texas, you HAVE to try it.